The S*n saying we face FA charges over the fan incident

North_Stand_Ram

I'd like to see charges pressed against the red dog players who then proceeded to give the man numerous kicks over his body when he was restrained by stewards. Not called for, that Osborn gave him a nasty one in the back. They should get down for assault aswell.

The 'fan' should have not been there in the first place, and he made a completely unprovoked attack on the Forest player. I couldn't have cared less if the Forest players had collectively castrated the swine on the pitch - he would have deserved that. As it was, if he got a couple of decent licks off them - good. I hope that their studs were sharp, and they cut him to ribbons. I also hope that he fell down several flights of stairs in the police station multiple times.

What you can be absolutely certain about is that the club will face serious charges over this, the bars will be shut for at least the Forest games in the future and the police will probably insist on an 11:00 am kickoff in future for this fixture - all because of this idiotic thoughtless prat who couldn't hold his shandy and decided that a Forest team who had beaten us fair and square deserved punishing for it.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To play Devils advocate if a "customer" was abusive & or violent and you retaliated then you'd probably be sacked!

Not saying that's what should happen, but it's the relality of it! But whatever people's opinions we all know football isn't like any other workplace!

Forest could get in just as much trouble. It would be interesting to hear accounts from fans who were right in front of it. If he is shouting come on then do you want some to the fans then he got what he deserved. The ref too could get in trouble for failing to control the players when they celebrated. The dugout an' all. 

looking this morning in the one paper I read, there was only a small mention about the fan and nothing else. It's probably best to try and let the furore calm down about it now. There might be a bit of bleating from Fawas and a few of them, over a few incidents but one set of fans taking the high ground over another is pointless and naive. (Incidentally imo I think Fawas got what he wanted out of the vandalism incident, only makes him more of a hero in their eyes)

My one thought on this, I wonder if the fans at Trent Bridge were dealt with properly at the time, and after, it would have served as a deterrent for fans in the future. In theory it's still the same charge as stewards and police do not know what each fan can potentially do once the enter the field. Also atleast the stewards yesterday were trying to deal with forest fans, it still makes me wonder what they were doing at TB to allow it to happen there. Don't get me wrong, yesterday turned out a lot more serious, but stewards don't know that when a fan has first entered the pitch.

It's an unfortunate incident but my hope, and expectation, that Derby deal with it properly in the right way for future. I also hope it's something that both clubs can work at together

He should face charges of assault aswell as being banned for life.

A ban isnt easy to uphold i guess, but 100 hours community service might make him realise what an idiot he was.

If he got kicked by forest players then good on them.

Pitch encroachment will ensure a lifetime ban from iPro, no court can overrule this. The attempted assault will see a lengthy ban from ALL stadia for about 6 years, with the police allowed to apply for further restrictions based upon risk.

As for the stewards, the head steward will probably have questions to answer, as it seems ALL stewards were sent to prevent the Forest fans getting on to the pitch, leaving none to steward the Derby end.

Forest could get in just as much trouble. It would be interesting to hear accounts from fans who were right in front of it. If he is shouting come on then do you want some to the fans then he got what he deserved. The ref too could get in trouble for failing to control the players when they celebrated. The dugout an' all. 

Good god what drivel. How on earth can any trouble our way? 

Did we 'wave our hands' too much for you like one poster suggested was wrong? 

Get a grip of yourself.

Good god what drivel. How on earth can any trouble our way? 

Did we 'wave our hands' too much for you like one poster suggested was wrong? 

Get a grip of yourself.

LOL. Your player tried to punch the guy or did by the looks from one posted video. Another tackled him. You need to get a grip pal. Go back to your own forum. Wind up. 

Hang on a minute !.

Im in NO WAY in support of this fan at all,lock him up,throw away the key.

Buttttttttttt,

I'm a little surprised no one has had a go at the forest players stoking up the trouble there is celebrating and there is celebrating.

I had a very good view of this happened straight below me.

What i saw was one forest player walking towards there fans with clenched fists giving it the BIG one over and over again ( nothing wrong with this YET !! ).He also knew our main fans were there in south stand.

What happened then that incensed the plonker to run on the pitch ( lock him up )

Its what happened then i have big disagreements with and i think forest should be in as much trouble as us !.

The other Forest players seeing this rush over to defend there player then themselves start doing all the stupid fist clenching and then throwing their tops into the crowd.Whatthis did was sent the forest lot even more barmy and didnt help the police at all.

What wants and needs to happen is some stern talking to.To both sets of players to act like men and not silly little prats at the end of match's.There role models and kids look up to them.Yes celebrate but dont celebrate in away that makesit hard work for the stewards and police.

Its football...there are more important things.

Well the police have got plenty of footage from this debacle, so evidence is there and playing the blame game doesn't work, leave it to the club & police.

Hang on a minute !.

Buttttttttttt,

I'm a little surprised no one has had a go at the forest players stoking up the trouble there is celebrating and there is celebrating.

What i saw was one forest player walking towards there fans with clenched fists giving it the BIG one over and over again ( nothing wrong with this YET !! ).He also knew our main fans were there in south stand.

What happened then that incensed the plonker to run on the pitch ( lock him up )

Its what happened then i have big disagreements with and i think forest should be in as much trouble as us !.

The other Forest players seeing this rush over to defend there player then themselves start doing all the stupid fist clenching and then throwing their tops into the crowd.Whatthis did was sent the forest lot even more barmy and didnt help the police at all.

What wants and needs to happen is some stern talking to.To both sets of players to act like men and not silly little prats at the end of match's.There role models and kids look up to them.Yes celebrate but dont celebrate in away that makesit hard work for the stewards and police.

If he hadn't been violent towards the Forest players then you might have had an argument - but he wasn't just taking banter too far. He mounted an unprovoked assault on a professional sportsman going about his lawful business. He then carried on trying to assault the same player and a couple of others. The Forest players had every right to defend themselves, and were far more restrained than I would have been in the circumstances. They could ot have known that he wasn't armed and hardly had time to consider what was a reasoned response.

Trying to shift the blame onto the Forest players is just distateful.

I believe what the Sun have to say about the behaviour of football fans as much as I'd believe a news story written in faeces on a toilet wall.

But I wouldn't be surprised if we got FA charges. This guy should shoulder the biggest share of the blame though, we can't be that responsible for what idiots do, our stewards were preoccupied with the Forest fans. There's always more fans than stewards so there's only a certain amount we can do.

If he hadn't been violent towards the Forest players then you might have had an argument - but he wasn't just taking banter too far. He mounted an unprovoked assault on a professional sportsman going about his lawful business. He then carried on trying to assault the same player and a couple of others. The Forest players had every right to defend themselves, and were far more restrained than I would have been in the circumstances. They could ot have known that he wasn't armed and hardly had time to consider what was a reasoned response.

Trying to shift the blame onto the Forest players is just distateful.

You obviously havent read my post correctly.The fan was wrong lock him up.

The forest players around the fan.....they acted great !!.

Its what happened after the fan was contained.

Your not getting what i mean and as if im trying to shft the blame....blimey some people.

Hang on a minute !.

Buttttttttttt,

Do you remember Robbie Savage and the scarf waving at Forest? Exactly the same thing.

No excuses for what he did.

Archived