Bryson

mcsilks

with the forest on the top, put the lester in the middle and....

Not heard that in ages !! Does even get a mention in fave song lists ..heyho......

Maybe will get sung after our sixth today

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just imagine how annoyed he might be at the moment! He could be playing week in week out PL with Burnley but he is sitting on our bench instead.

I feel for him but at the moment Hughes and Hendrick are both keeping their shirts for the reason. He might get ahead of Hendrick every now and then, but not Hughes.

If I'd have posted a comment anything like this, a bunch of posters would have their pitchforks out screaming "are you seriously comparing Bryson to Messi, Iniesta and Di Maria?" and the conversation/debate ruined!

That's cos Bris is a legend. No one ever gives him stick. You newbies need to stop living on previous 606 glories.

He wasn't even the problem today. He could have done better, but there were a whole host of issues.

Bryson operates best when the defensive work in midfield is done by the deeper players, i.e. Eustace and Thorne, and has space to run in and behind. Eustace, whilst still effective, is not quite as mobile as he was, and whilst Bryson could make up for that last season when teams didn't see us as much of a threat, at this point we really need a Thorne type midfielder back there to get the best from him.

Mascarell doesn't offer the defensive qualities that we need to get the best from him, but can be effective with Hughes. Oh well, these results happen. I don't see the need to rip apart out players for it.

Bryson was the problem today. He did nothing effective. Buzz buzz buzz. When Hughes went off, he was our most experienced and game hardened midfielder, and what did he do. Say I am in charge? No. Buzz, buzz, buzz. It is a toss up for me - but I think today my 4 year old Maltese terrier would have been at least as effective second half.

Limited midfielder getting show up as a limited midfielder, thats all it is.

What are you talking about?

The guy just runs at players, misses them and ends up out of position, happened plenty of times today.

When Hughes is alongside him it isnt so bad. For a flair player, Hughes is solid defensively so when he goes off, like today our midfield just loses the battle.

When Bryson is doing is stupid charge at the opponent with the ball then waves a leg in the vicinity but makes no contact, the opposition kicks on and leaves him standing, I lost count of the times it happened in the second half. It's like playing with one less player as he is always out of position when he does this. 

Matches just seem to pass him by.

I think that people rate him higher because of some of his goals, issue is, he pops up with one every now and then but the majority of his shots are wild and not on target.

He wasnt the only one at fault today but when you lose Hughes tackling and possession play and have Mascarell as your defensive midfielder (which he is not, yes he got some solid tackles in today but he is too lightweight for the Def Mid role and he doesnt read the game defensively well enough, he is clearly a deep lying playmaker who sprays balls around the pitch) it is always going to highlight Bryson's flaws and expose the team.

The guy just runs at players, misses them and ends up out of position, happened plenty of times today.

When Hughes is alongside him it isnt so bad. For a flair player, Hughes is solid defensively so when he goes off, like today our midfield just loses the battle.

When Bryson is doing is stupid charge at the opponent with the ball then waves a leg in the vicinity but makes no contact, the opposition kicks on and leaves him standing, I lost count of the times it happened in the second half. It's like playing with one less player as he is always out of position when he does this. 

Matches just seem to pass him by.

I think that people rate him higher because of some of his goals, issue is, he pops up with one every now and then but the majority of his shots are wild and not on target.

He wasnt the only one at fault today but when you lose Hughes tackling and possession play and have Mascarell as your defensive midfielder (which he is not, yes he got some solid tackles in today but he is too lightweight for the Def Mid role and he doesnt read the game defensively well enough, he is clearly a deep lying playmaker who sprays balls around the pitch) it is always going to highlight Bryson's flaws and expose the team.

If a limited midfielder scores 16 goals in a season then what does an 'unlimited' midfielder do?

We all know Bryson's main attribute is his tireless running, which comes into play when you've got someone like Hughes who can pick him out with a pass. I actually thought we saw something of last season's Craig Bryson in the first half today. He was buzzing around and linking up well with Ward and Martin.

However, with Hughes' ball retention and passing missing, Bryson ended up running around and nothing coming of it, hence his poor second half.

Basically, with Hughes off we lost the creativity, which in turn meant that Bryson and the forwards were starved of service. Everything fell apart.

He did that once. ONCE

It happens, an average player has a flash in the pan season and scores an abnormally high number of goals. Usually comes crashing back down to earth with an almighty thump though.

He scored 16 last season yes but his average is 5 goals a season. 

He did that once. ONCE

It happens, an average player has a flash in the pan season and scores an abnormally high number of goals. Usually comes crashing back down to earth with an almighty thump though.

He scored 16 last season yes but his average is 5 goals a season. 

Last season was, by a country mile, the best he's ever had or will have. Bris nailed it earlier on this thread when he talked about how Bryson is rendered much more ineffective by teams who play a deep line.

Archived