Bryson

mcsilks

Indeed Daveo, definitely has advantages and disadvantages. Like you say things are easily missed, not only that but you get one opportunity to view it, if you do manage to see it, as opposed to numerous replays on TV.

I think for the issue at hand here it's easier to see at the game. TV follows the ball, you don't get that overview of our shape, off the ball running and positioning like you do at the game.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think Bryson has been given a new role at all.

I think it has been a case of opposition defenders purposely dropping deeper and not allowing gaping gaps behind. Ask yourslef this, who have we played this season that has offered a high line?

Last season, there were moments where our midfielders simply ran beyond the opposition defence because there was oceans of room behind for them to go in and cause damage.

So many goals last season - Doncaster, Huddesfield, Blackpool, Forest, Watford, Charlton etc. We scored goals from a midfielder or winger going through one-on-one with the keeper or there being a maximum of four bodies inside the box.

This season, I swear only against Sheff Wed (Russell) Fulham (they were hopeless) and Watford (Martin) can I remember us actually having a one vs one with the goalkeeper.

It's simply because the opposition backline has dropped much deeper, leaving nothing behind and getting bodies behind the ball. 

Bryson has been limited, basically, because IMO he's quite a limited midfiedler. He doesn't possesss Hendrick's power, Hughes' fabulous control/passing or Dawkins' close control or Russell's direct dribbling ability.

He offers energetic running and arguably the best long shot in our entire club, but those aside he's not got much left going for him against wise opposition.

I love a laugh on a Saturday morning

Indeed Daveo, definitely has advantages and disadvantages. Like you say things are easily missed, not only that but you get one opportunity to view it, if you do manage to see it, as opposed to numerous replays on TV.

I think for the issue at hand here it's easier to see at the game. TV follows the ball, you don't get that overview of our shape, off the ball running and positioning like you do at the game.

Wait till next season and we get Gary Neville and his touchpad!

I agree tho, I just think it's a silly statement to say you can't see everything on the TV when neither do season ticket holders.

I'm the chairman of the board against season ticket holder snobbery, our goal is to defend members rights to an opinion regardless of how they watch Derby.

You can't see everything at the ground either, I didn't even realise we hit the post at the other end v Southport, so stick that up your wum trumpet

Couldn't have been Bryson - he doesn't get up there any more.

;)

Yes I'm watching the matches, but you can't run beyond a deep defensive line.

Hence why Barcelona soon started to struggle to break down those that just sat on the edge of the box. Players like Messi and Iniesta struggled to get in behind.

Bryson has been given a new role, because he's had to adapt to playing against teams sitting deeper.

Di Maria would struggle to get in behind a Cardiff City defence happy to just sit on their 18-yard line and not come out.

If I'd have posted a comment anything like this, a bunch of posters would have their pitchforks out screaming "are you seriously comparing Bryson to Messi, Iniesta and Di Maria?" and the conversation/debate ruined!

I'm chuckling about to tv supporters (no offence) saying he don't make runs. You can't see everything on a live stream. Let's be honest.

Yeah - for my money he's been making similar types of energetic runs, especially in the first half of the season, and not being passed to at the same frequency.

You can't as I've just explained. I'm going on the Southport game because it's the most recent, nobody in the South Stand middle to lower would have seen if it was a penalty or not, someone sat on row CC or DD nothing at all unless they watched the screen which is watching TV.

if you sit in the expensive seats on the side, you get a super view.

So stick that up yer trombone.

You can't as I've just explained. I'm going on the Southport game because it's the most recent, nobody in the South Stand middle to lower would have seen if it was a penalty or not, someone sat on row CC or DD nothing at all unless they watched the screen which is watching TV.

Take your point ...but perversely, sitting on front couple of rows IF there are no players in between action and fan, you get an excellent view of player trips/fouls even in other box. You feel part of the action, and effectively are.

The views offered on incidents after a game are wildly different due to seat views. TV offers a consistent view, but does miss out some off the ball runs......I love at games where during casual midfield play Hughes wanders off and sits on the right touchline .....slightly confusing for defenders ...and when he gets the ball there he often (unless he is free which is rare) will pass it straight back in field. Stretching opposition. How he gets there is fascinating. Then sometimes after 30 seconds there he will dash into middle if pitch .....movement if our team is a key attribute. Seeing Raul he plays the ball forward quicker than Keogh.

I'm chuckling about to tv supporters (no offence) saying he don't make runs. You can't see everything on a live stream. Let's be honest.

Round of applause. That's exemplary.  :lol:

Yeah - for my money he's been making similar types of energetic runs, especially in the first half of the season, and not being passed to at the same frequency.

M8 uve hit the nail on the head there m8 u obviously go to games and have a good knowledge of the game , some on here just make me laugh

If I'd have posted a comment anything like this, a bunch of posters would have their pitchforks out screaming "are you seriously comparing Bryson to Messi, Iniesta and Di Maria?" and the conversation/debate ruined!

Yeah, but we've got respect for Bris

I really am not a Bryson basher, in fact I like and admire the guy greatly for how he has grown at our club. Wholehearted 100% footballer, reasonable touch, great shot, and runs his socks off. But, I do think that a) he has been off it this season, and b) like Bris suggested he had a blinder last year but is less effective now that teams are wise to his and Martin's interplay. He is a good championship midfielder, but for me now with Thorne back he would not be a pick in our midfield 3, but I am glad we have him on our bench rather than playing against us. Next season, if we are in the Prem I would question that value.

In respect of the armchair insight, as an avid TV watcher, I do not lie in saying that when I am watching on my 42incher much of the time this season you can see Bryso buzzing about on all the edges of the screen, a bit like a nuisance fly.

I really am not a Bryson basher, in fact I like and admire the guy greatly for how he has grown at our club. Wholehearted 100% footballer, reasonable touch, great shot, and runs his socks off. But, I do think that a) he has been off it this season, and b) like Bris suggested he had a blinder last year but is less effective now that teams are wise to his and Martin's interplay. He is a good championship midfielder, but for me now with Thorne back he would not be a pick in our midfield 3, but I am glad we have him on our bench rather than playing against us. Next season, if we are in the Prem I would question that value.

In respect of the armchair insight, as an avid TV watcher, I do not lie in saying that when I am watching on my 42incher much of the time this season you can see Bryso buzzing about on all the edges of the screen, a bit like a nuisance fly.

If stevie Mac any savvy Bryso will start the day and I fully expect him too

Archived