Bryson

mcsilks

Condor ... the foul was a typical unnecessary foul by Omar. A petty grab from behind as I recall. He does it a lot. And on the break he has to hold central position there, not stab, and take himself out the play. A man was running at him and there was a man to his right. He should have shadowed back and made the player carry the ball, slowing him in the process. Come on. I am not scapegoating I am saying it wasn't Bryson who cost us that game.

You have some substance there but if we are doing the blame game for me then Grant should have saved it. Was caught at the post which a player as talented and experienced as Grant should have handled better.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My point was Bryson it was not who cost us the 2 goals. You think that was a necessary grab from behind by Omar that led to that set piece? You think his defensive play on the counter attack for the second was acceptable for a player at this level?

The tackle was abysmal.

But 1 header put 6 Derby players out the game.

I was complaining all through the 2nd half about Bryson and Hendrick. I knew they'd both done it again for the winner. Looked at the replay and saw Christie had gone too.

So it was 6 players out the game for Derby. 6 players (Martin, Bent, Russell, Hendrick, Bryson, Christie) all beaten by one header that was made midway into the Forest half. Not on the edge of their box, not down a flank, in the middle of the pitch a simple header beat half our team. And it happened before the goal numerous times. That's where Forest were getting encouragement and confidence.

Mascarell could have done better. But he was sold out.

Anyone can get caught on the counter. But it's called a counter attack because it's the response to an attack. We weren't attacking!! The ball was 25ft in the air. Where are they going? I love attacking football. I'd rather us win 5-4 than 1-0. But having the ball when attacking is essential!

That's not acceptable. Not when it happened more than once. We were lucky they didn't score earlier. Shouldn't take 47 minutes to recognise a problem.

The tackle was abysmal.

But 1 header put 6 Derby players out the game.

I was complaining all through the 2nd half about Bryson and Hendrick. I knew they'd both done it again for the winner. Looked at the replay and saw Christie had gone too.

So it was 6 players out the game for Derby. 6 players (Martin, Bent, Russell, Hendrick, Bryson, Christie) all beaten by one header that was made midway into the Forest half. Not on the edge of their box, not down a flank, in the middle of the pitch a simple header beat half our team. And it happened before the goal numerous times. That's where Forest were getting encouragement and confidence.

Mascarell could have done better. But he was sold out.

Anyone can get caught on the counter. But it's called a counter attack because it's the response to an attack. We weren't attacking!! The ball was 25ft in the air. Where are they going? I love attacking football. I'd rather us win 5-4 than 1-0. But having the ball when attacking is essential!

That's not acceptable. Not when it happened more than once. We were lucky they didn't score earlier. Shouldn't take 47 minutes to recognise a problem.

100 percent correct

For some reason he has lost his discipline at the moment but he's still a big player for us.

Him and the Rams will be stronger after yesterday's dissappointment.

We all need to stay calm for the easy run in .

Forest was apparently supposed to be an easy run in. Nearly everyone on the prediction thread said we'd win by 20 clear goals.

Bryson has been, generally, a decent Championship player because of his box-to-box role and the fact he plays for a decent team. However for me he's a liability at the moment. He lacks positional discipline, he can't play with Hendrick (who's anonymous in a lot of games these days) and, as Bris says, it's difficult for him to attack well against a deep defence, which we seem to face all the time. 

He'd do better with Thorne just because of his creativity but it's not a good sign that last year's player of the season can't perform unless he's playing alongside Hughes and Thorne, probably the two best CMs in the league.

Forest was apparently supposed to be an easy run in. Nearly everyone on the prediction thread said we'd win by 20 clear goals.

Local derbies against Forest are never easy I'm too long in the tooth to know that.

We always say we are going to beat Forest it's a natural thing for a Derby fan to say and think but then reality kicks in.

Local derbies against Forest are never easy I'm too long in the tooth to know that.

We always say we are going to beat Forest it's a natural thing for a Derby fan to say and think but then reality kicks in.

I predicted 1-1. But I don't take all this 'form goes out the window because of x' rubbish, You can only beat what is I front of you.

I predicted 1-1. But I don't take all this 'form goes out the window because of x' rubbish, You can only beat what is I front of you.

Forest raised their game yesterday 2nd half and I actually think they started to look a team .

We may not play them again for a while after we get promoted.

I'm still confident we will go up.

Forest raised their game yesterday 2nd half and I actually think they started to look a team .

We may not play them again for a while after we get promoted.

I'm still confident we will go up.

Hinges on who we sign to replace Ibe for me.

Also DM is vital. Need cover even if it's only for a month until Thorne comes back. But Thorne won't be the best player for Derby in over 10 years like he was last season straight away, will take time to find his form.

Hinges on who we sign to replace Ibe for me.

Also DM is vital. Need cover even if it's only for a month until Thorne comes back. But Thorne won't be the best player for Derby in over 10 years like he was last season straight away, will take time to find his form.

I don't think we are finished in the January window yet !

You always say a draw away and a win at home is a good return.

You have ignored the last 4 fixtures of the season which will be vital

Blackpool. Home

Huddersfield. Away

Milwall .Away

Reading. Home.

12 points IMO.

Also Forest only looked good because we let them play. Pretty much the same team that lost to Rochdale.

We did let them play of course we did because we lost our discipline as a team and they sensed that.

It's gone now it's how we respond for the rest of the season .

2 points off top 2 is a good position to be in and I'm still confident we will go up because of the fixtures we have until the end of the season

Blackburn Home.

Cardiff. Away

Bolton. Home

Bournemouth. Away

Rotherham. Away

Sheffield Wed. Home.

Charlton. Home

Fulham. Away

Brighton .Away

Brum. Home

Norwich. Away

Boro. Home

Wolves. Away

Watford. Home

Wigan. Away.

Brentford. Home.

Blackpool. Home

Huddersfield. Away.

Milwall. Away

Reading. Home

Norwich

Middlesborough

Wolves

Watford

Wigan

Brentford

7 points from these teams in reverse fixtures. Do you consider that to be a good return, and would you expect the same or better next time around?

Boro ,Watford and Brentford to come at home .

Stop panicking Condor

Archived