Stephen Warnock

Bris Vegas

A very intelligent post match interview by Will Hughes after the Ipswich match. Hughes said that we were not worried about that game. We knew that if we followed the game plan and played well that we would win. H1e also repeated McClaren's main mantra;  a clean sheet is the platform for success.. If you are not defending well it is unlikely that you will be playing for long. What is the weakest link in the team now? Right back potentially for me. No doubt in my mind that our second eleven would be mid table in this league if they remained injury free. Best word to describe this squad with Albentosa in, is FORMIDABLE.

• Replies 501
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Forsyth has done nothing wrong, Mings from Ipswich looks a far better player than Forsyth and quick intricate passing around the box with McGoldrick etc. I think Warnock brings that level of game with him and if forbid you take the play off final would not have let that ball be crossed and in row z...

Anyway great competition for places which is fab at this time of the season, and it looks like we mean business and i'm sure Bournemouth, Ipswich, Boro and the others are taking note.

Mings is valued by Ipswich at

Forsyth has been great in the last couple months. Warnock isn't a better player, not for me anyway. 

I'd be surprised to see Warnock play more than Foz this season, hugely surprised.

This. For me, he's the strongest in the tackle out of our back four. It's very, very rare to see him get beaten one-on-one or in the air. Even during his "poor run", he was still solid defensively.

It's when he's in possession that things can often go to pot. Although having said that, he's looked better in that regard too since Birmingham. His goal looks like it's given him some confidence that he can actually do something with the ball.

Forsyth has been great in the last couple months. Warnock isn't a better player, not for me anyway. 

I'd be surprised to see Warnock play more than Foz this season, hugely surprised.

Warnock has played 200+ Premier League games and a couple of times for England. Whilst I think that Forsyth has the potential to be a very good player, Warnock most definitely is already, and has been for a decade.

Warnock has played 200+ Premier League games and a couple of times for England. Whilst I think that Forsyth has the potential to be a very good player, Warnock most definitely is already, and has been for a decade.

As I said, he's not as good as Forsyth. 

He was reminiscent of Jordan Stewart last season, but has hugely improved. Even so, I don't think he's quite Forsyth's level. 

Centre halves don't have to be quick, full backs do.

He didn't exactly look slow against us up at Leeds.

Full backs also have to be able to pass, and I don't mean to his mum in Row Q.

It does strike me as odd that Warnock has come in, and Eust has gone for his op. I can't shake the feeling that he'll put Warnock at DM. Not sure how I feel about that.

As for LB though... If you like this signing, then that doesn't give you licence to slag off Forsyth. He might not be playing well in some of you folks' eyes (doing fine in my view) but I don't agree with booing any player who is still giving their all.

If you don't like this signing, then give him a chance. I have to confess that I did not want this deal to happen. I don't rate him, I think he's past his best and I don't think it's worth the money, and it was made worse by him trying to snap Christie in two just 3 weeks ago. But I'll forget all that and give him a fair chance. He's our player now and he gets a clean slate. Those will be my final negative words on his signing. From now, I will only judge him on what I see him do on the field in a Derby shirt.

In short, both Fozzy and Warnock deserve your support. The clue is in the word "supporter".

It does strike me as odd that Warnock has come in, and Eust has gone for his op. I can't shake the feeling that he'll put Warnock at DM. Not sure how I feel about that.

As for LB though... If you like this signing, then that doesn't give you licence to slag off Forsyth. He might not be playing well in some of you folks' eyes (doing fine in my view) but I don't agree with booing any player who is still giving their all.

If you don't like this signing, then give him a chance. I have to confess that I did not want this deal to happen. I don't rate him, I think he's past his best and I don't think it's worth the money, and it was made worse by him trying to snap Christie in two just 3 weeks ago. But I'll forget all that and give him a fair chance. He's our player now and he gets a clean slate. Those will be my final negative words on his signing. From now, I will only judge him on what I see him do on the field in a Derby shirt.

In short, both Fozzy and Warnock deserve your support. The clue is in the word "supporter".

I agree I think him or shotton will play at dm on sat. That way we have both Warnock and forsyth in the team and everyones happy

Agreed, as it stands the shirt is Fozzy's and he's played well enough. If he can sneak in when Foz gets an injury/rest and play well, then it's down to him to keep it. Healthy competition.

But isn't that exactly what you'd want to see him doing to someone in a Red shirt come Saturday?

I think this is a highly astute signing, for his ability and his experience. Both will be crucial in the run in.

Archived