Stephen Warnock

Bris Vegas

Saw a Leeds group commenting on a photo a Leeds fan put on of his young son's Christmas present - a LUFC away shirt with Warnock on the back. Feel for the little lad a bit. But that's one of many reasons you don't get players names on the back of your shirt.

We should send the lad a derby shirt with Warnick on the back so he can still love on him and follow a better team

• Replies 501
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We should send the lad a derby shirt with Warnick on the back so he can still love on him and follow a better team

Make sure you keep the receipt so he can take it back and have Warnock printed on the back instead

What's Forsyth gone and done? Have I missed something?

Same as every player that gets that reaction.  He was a bit iffy in his first few performances and certain people made their minds up about him.  As soon as he has a few iffy performances again, they jump up to say they were right all along.  Just ignore all the good performances in between, as they were just temporary blips.  :ph34r:

What's Forsyth gone and done? Have I missed something?

I don't understand this anti Forsyth campaign either. Started the season slow but his performances have been much better.

I think we also have to remember that last season he had the likes of ward, dawkins and russell in front of him. This season he has been playing with Ibe, whose own defensive play has had to develop. It has probably added pressure on Forsyth.

Start him against Chesterfield, the sooner we replace fozzy the better.

Joint top of the league 4 clean sheets in a row and you want to get rid of one of the back 4 as quick as possible.

Ok.

Forsyth is a defender first and foremost and yes he hasn't been as good in possession going forward this season but defensively he is very sound. Since the quality performance topped with a goal at Birmingham Forsyth has been good in the last 4 games. Put in some crucial headers vs Ipswich late on in the game, headers Warnock would have no chance of winning with his height.

I wouldn't be so quick to right off Forsyth.

Agree - and Forsyth was pretty close to MOTM last week. He has come through his bad spell and his defending is first-class when he gets it right. He just needs a little composure on the ball. Last season he put some cracking crosses in, especially on the floor where Martin is at his strongest. Warnock can provide cover across the back four and is a great signing, but Forsyth will stay first choice.

Obviously Steve McClaren does not think that Warnock is too old as he has got him on 18 months contract with an option for one more year. I expect that the two year contract request was true and Steve gave the nearest thing to a two year contract, with the carrot of a maximum two and half year contract. Another very sensible signing for DCFC. It is obvious to me that Warnock expects to be a regular starter. Possible Team for Chesterfield:-

Grant, Ssewankambo, Keogh/Bucko, Albentosa, Warnock, Hughes, Eustace, Hendrick, Martin, Bent, Russell. Subs:- Roos, Forsyth, Bryson, Ibe, Bucko/Keogh, Ward, Shotton

Wow we are the best squad in this league by a mile. Steve is taking no chances on being short of players, that is for sure. He may have a few players knocking on his door very soon and the answer is clear; play for your place man, we are going up and we need everybody ready to play. I for one would not recommend telling Steve that if I do not play regularly, then I want to go. Chris Evans will already have a list a mile long of players who if asked would come here like a shot to try and get in this squad.

Forsyth has done nothing wrong, Mings from Ipswich looks a far better player than Forsyth and quick intricate passing around the box with McGoldrick etc. I think Warnock brings that level of game with him and if forbid you take the play off final would not have let that ball be crossed and in row z...

Anyway great competition for places which is fab at this time of the season, and it looks like we mean business and i'm sure Bournemouth, Ipswich, Boro and the others are taking note.

An excellent signing, good a free kicks, superb crosser of the ball, hard to get past as we found out at Elland Road and will become first choice over Craig who will be great back up..

Forsyth has played well in the last few matches, but he's very much a confidence player and when that confidence is shot he struggles to even make 5 yard passes. Bringing Warnock in gives us a competitive option at LB, but I'd say the shirt is Forsyth's to lose, rather than automatically Warnock's.

When his contract's up in 18 months hopefully Max Lowe will be knocking on the door of the first team and be a ready made replacement!

Forsyth has played well in the last few matches, but he's very much a confidence player and when that confidence is shot he struggles to even make 5 yard passes. Bringing Warnock in gives us a competitive option at LB, but I'd say the shirt is Forsyth's to lose, rather than automatically Warnock's.

When his contract's up in 18 months hopefully Max Lowe will be knocking on the door of the first team and be a ready made replacement!

I don't disagree I think the shirt will be Warnock's though otherwise he would not have come. I would also say that Steve does have the squad competing so it won't be automatic. Who would have said 2 months ago that Dawkins and Ward would not get in the side, and this is why JT and Ibe are running their socks off, but also playing well. All good..

Archived