Who should play against Forest in Eustace's absence?

Thierry Ennui

It's going to be Omar, nobody else. This is why I'd bring Bryson in for Hendrick, add that bit more experience in there. He will be chomping at the bit to get back in the side, what a game to prove he should start.

With Omar that likes to go walk about Hughes or Bryson need to be alert and one step back to cover.

Talk of anyone else there is square pegs in round holes, play our players in their positions, just help Omar out

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Omar will play there and rightly so. He is not quite as capable a ball winner as Eustace, but then again he is unlikely to get himself carelessly sent off. To soon for Coutts and he isn't quite good enough and Shotton is a defender who struggles with distribution. Omar will be fine.

Coutts...

I think he needs game time, as he had against Southport, where he started to get moving, including one great effort in 1st half. No friendlies lined up, so might as well play him against lower league opposition again

I too would have said Coutts, but he wasn't in the squad yesterday.

So I was wondering if there is some truth in the Sheffield UTD link?

Shotton for me. Mascarell just doesn't cover the centre backs well enough, which mean the full backs have to. Unfortunately, when our full backs play as out and out defenders they look poor and we tend to lose.

Interestingly, Ssewankambo can also apparently play the holding midfield role. Has he signed yet? I wonder if he might be thrown in at the deep end?

Shotton for me. Mascarell just doesn't cover the centre backs well enough, which mean the full backs have to. Unfortunately, when our full backs play as out and out defenders they look poor and we tend to lose.

Interestingly, Ssewankambo can also apparently play the holding midfield role. Has he signed yet? I wonder if he might be thrown in at the deep end?

Agreed. Mascarell is handy going forward, but offers our back 4 very little in the way of cover

Mascarell. If we had him in the dull mid-table years, we'd be raving about him. We've been spoiled rotten with Eustace and Thorne being so good in that position and on his day, Mascarell is a pleasure to watch in that position. It's very rare for a player as young as Thorne to look so assured in a position which requires so much nous. 

Remember how gooey we went over Bueno? Despite the fact he was clearly a level above anything else at the club at the time (look at what he's done since as proof), he only had a handful of games where he actually did anything significant. I think Omar will do more in his career and is a better player.

As I said in the Ipswich thread, Pearce isn't the sort of manager who will be doing any meaningful homework on us and Omar's weaknesses won't be exploited. This game has his name written all over it and if he plays well, it will do his confidence a world of good. It's a squad game, and he still has a part to play this season.

Hard one as our 3 best midfielders Hughes bryson n Hendrick for some reason don't seem to click when in same team but I would go with jeff sitting in front of the back 4 , he has everything in his game to play there and yes it wasn't a success against Leicester but they were flying at the time and would have swept away most teams that night , other options mascarell and shotton are not for me

Archived