Who should play against Forest in Eustace's absence?

Thierry Ennui

As silly as Eustace was at times today there's no denying that he's been hugely influential in our good form. I was at Birmingham and he was so vocal and commanding, crucial to us I thought even if his ball work was the usual 6/10.

I've always considered last season's 5-0 as a freak result and I certainly don't see a comfortable game next Saturday even with their form. I am firmly in the 'form goes out the window' camp for these matches. So how are we going to line up? Shotton or Mascarell? Both out of form in my opinion (ignore my previous statement about the team form!). I don't think you can understate what a big miss Eustace will be.

Shotton offers more of a physical match up but let's not forget how poor he was in the last derby, albeit at fullback.

And can Mascarell, who has less strength than Will Hughes, really be asked to lead the midfield against a Forest side who will be looking to rough us up?

I think next Saturday's match is far from a formality.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No one, 4-4-2 Bent up top.

I want 10 goals this time.

Not going to happen (4-4-2).

It's definitely not broke, so why fix it?

Mascarell to play.

Omar has looked a liability in what is a key role in the 433. I will be very nervous of him playing there. He's so often out of position that he makes us vulnerable. Hard to see an option though.

Yep, Mascarell. Not a great choice, but a better choice than anyone else in that position. And no point in changing a successful formation.

As the man with jam says (sorry dunc, even after all these years and even a debate on the issue, I still can't get it out of my head), if Forest don't press him he should be ok. If they do, then he's in for a tough afternoon.

Anyone think that Shotton could play DM? Mascarell is definitely the safe option though so I would say Omar

Shotton is too lightweight and limited in passing for that position, it has to be Omar.

He will have a chance to show that he can have a presence.  We know he has technical ability

but that

As plan B perhaps, but Coutts and Hughes are also possible, although it would be a shame to pull Hughes back.

i trust the management team to come up with an adequate solution.

The same Hendrick that capitulated when played in that position against Leicester?

Archived