Derby County v Notts Forest

Gritstone Ram

The 950 mile round trip to this boozer is now on my list of places to visit before I'm six feet under!

Bryson, Hughes and Hendrick in midfield for me, ......................defensive midfield players day off!

Me and St Johnstone Ram have said the same thing for a while now :D The pie has sold it :cool:

• Replies 658
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well the most important thing is that one of the Aberdeenshire Rams gets down The Black Bull Inn, in InverurIe before 12, to get the TV's sorted. Which probably means me then! Last two live games have included the bar lady wandering in to a back room to have words with a mystery human to try and get the Sky Sports on. This then involves a load of grumbling men at the bar, with nobody to serve the drinks or pies!

Bar lady does come back but it's usually about 12:26 before TV's are working and correct channel selected and then we have to try and get served! Eventually when seated comfortably, pints and pies sorted, bar lady continues at the bar to try correcting a TV near the bar, and the TV we are watching, all of a sudden, sends the picture to a tiny small picture into the top right hand corner, with the Sky Guide on, and a load of middle aged men groaning "bluuudy ell, get the football back on!"

The Black Bull Inn Pie Ratings So Far:-

Breakfast Pie 10/10 - Best pie in the world, includes beans, black pudding, sausage, tomato, the works.

Christmas Pie 09/10 - Turkey, Sprouts, Spuds, Skirlie, the works.

Chicken & Leak 08/10 - Chicken & Leak.

Second dancing class for the "Dancing Queen", and here's hoping he doesn't Tango two tables worth of drinks for a Deon Burton on Saturday. All Gumps welcome for this one, so we can all enjoy the football, pool, darts and jukebox together for this one!

2tups also to turn up dressed as Stan Boardman on his bike singing a song about the Germans bombing his chippie, should be good!

What's the nearest airport and do you do pick ups old bean? :D

What's the nearest airport and do you do pick ups old bean? :D

Aberdeen Airport in Dyce, has aeroplanes a landing (with a big light at the top of the stairs for the kids that suffer from nightmares!) and that's about it!

Yeah yeah we do pick ups, and put downs to the Vaxhaull Conference if your a Gump!

Inside Out East Midlands, TV show is available on BBC iplayer and features the last 12 mins on this game and it's history, including trains, factories, parks, A52, Notts, Brian Clough, Brothers, etc. Worth a watch. Programme also includes Terry Christian and the food bank at Osmaston Road.

Right I'm starving Breakfast Pie time...........

This games wont mean much to OMG so its a must for me for bryson in, with possibly Hendrick in the holding role. Much more solid and defensively minded. OMG gets caught out too often and loses the ball as he's too slow. even against Southport he was caught out a couple of times. too risky to play him on saturday. he was poor against middlesborough norwich and southport.

We won't need to be defensive in this game. Why would we? 

I think we need to go at them early on in the game - pile men forward, as if we were looking for a last minute goal in the first 10 minutes. 

This should result in one of two ways.

Derby get an early goal, their heads drop and we cruise to victory.

They get an early goal and spend 80 minutes trying to null us, which inevitably will end up in a Derby win.

We can't be patient in this game, they're on the ropes and we need to ensure they stay there.

We won't need to be defensive in this game. Why would we? 

I think we need to go at them early on in the game - pile men forward, as if we were looking for a last minute goal in the first 10 minutes. 

This should result in one of two ways.

Derby get an early goal, their heads drop and we cruise to victory.

They get an early goal and spend 80 minutes trying to null us, which inevitably will end up in a Derby win.

We can't be patient in this game, they're on the ropes and we need to ensure they stay there.

Yea try and force an early error, can't say I rate Darlow massively. Put him under pressure and get some shots off, see how he copes.

Wing play will be important in this one, Ibe and Russell to start for me and to hopefully cause them problems. If Christie can get into the same positions as he did against Ipswich, but this time with end product, we should have plenty of chances.

Yea try and force an early error, can't say I rate Darlow massively. Put him under pressure and get some shots off, see how he copes.

Wing play will be important in this one, Ibe and Russell to start for me and to hopefully cause them problems. If Christie can get into the same positions as he did against Ipswich, but this time with end product, we should have plenty of chances.

Interestingly, De Vries played against Wednesday for some reason according to BBC Sport.

Just read this and could not disagree more! You state Thorne and Hughes are class players, yet Hughes cannot perform to Mascarell levels in DM with years of training against only 6 months. We haven't seen Mascarell further upfield yet, and I have no doubt he could do a good job.....probably better suited to the prem than champ but his style is similar to Hughes so we need a different dynamic with him. This does not mean I don't rate Bryson or Hendrick. All very different options.

I agree, OMG was far more comfortable playing against Chelsea than against Leeds.. He is one for the premiership, still very young and has Fabragas type style of play..

Archived