Ipswich Town v Derby County

Day

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It wasn't a penalty because it didn't touch his arm.

Everyone's seen the picture of it NOT touching his arm, but no one has seen a picture of it touching his arm. 

Funny that. 

It only looked like it hit his arm in real time because as Keogh pushed his chest forward and moved his arm back as the ball changed direction. I think even the Ipswich fans and the human doorstop (Mick McCarthy) will now agree it wasn't a handball and even if it was the rules state it wasn't a penalty.

Everyone can see that. Everyone bar mcsilks.

It only looked like it hit his arm in real time because as Keogh pushed his chest forward and moved his arm back as the ball changed direction. I think even the Ipswich fans and the human doorstop (Mick McCarthy) will now agree it wasn't a handball and even if it was the rules state it wasn't a penalty.

Most refs would of give it.

I'm glad he didn't though.

Most refs would of give it.

I'm glad he didn't though.

Can you admit that most refs would have been wrong though?

I admit seeing it in real time and leaning back a bit thinking "****..." and was a bit surprised when it wasn't given. But replays from other angles proves it was nowhere near a penalty and we have that luxury of being able to make up our minds based on countless views of the incident.

Referees have a split second to way up all the rules of the game in their mind, compare it to an incident and make a potentially promotion-defining decision. I don't envy refs at all and unless it's completely blatant I will rarely criticise them.

I admit seeing it in real time and leaning back a bit thinking "sausage..." and was a bit surprised when it wasn't given. But replays from other angles proves it was nowhere near a penalty and we have that luxury of being able to make up our minds based on countless views of the incident.

Referees have a split second to way up all the rules of the game in their mind, compare it to an incident and make a potentially promotion-defining decision. I don't envy refs at all and unless it's completely blatant I will rarely criticise them.

Exactly this

I admit seeing it in real time and leaning back a bit thinking "sausage..." and was a bit surprised when it wasn't given. But replays from other angles proves it was nowhere near a penalty and we have that luxury of being able to make up our minds based on countless views of the incident.

I don't think it was a penalty .

The ref got it right .

Most would of give it.

However I think Eustace should have been sent off before HT but I'm glad he stayed on until 5 mins from the end.

And many of the Rams fans in the MatchDay Chat during the game.

Funny that.

I suppose we're all entitled to change our opinion if it favours Derby...

And many of the Rams fans in the MatchDay Chat during the game.

Funny that...

Like I said in real time, and from the angle Sky gave us it did look debatable. What I'm saying is you can see it as many times as you like. There's many angles, there's even a bloody freeze-frame of the moment the ball hits Keogh and it hits his torso.

I've already mentioned it in another post. It's a reason I don't envy referees. Either decision he made then would have been contested. He was hounded by Ipswich players when he didn't give it and had he given it then I expect he would have been hounded by Derby players too.

I just don't see how you could maintain your view that it hit his arm when it's clear as day it didn't, and even if it did the rules state that it wouldn't be a penalty anyway.

The ref made a fantastic decision.

C'mon sing up......."Ohhhhhhh Micks got a new combine harvester and we all thing it's ****, (repeat lots of times) before a rendition of "We are Derby, Super Derby, Super Rams"

Combine Harvester - The Wurzelshttp://m.youtube.com/watch?v=x9rQmyAxS3U

Aberdeenshire Rams are watching this Ipswich game at The Black Bull Inn, Inverurie, it's 06:33 and I'm up and ready for my 1st pint of Guiness and Breakfast pie! Get em in! Anyone in the area come and join us. Especially as one of the boys will be joining us after he's had dancing lessons with his misses (the Xmas present) so I'm sure the odd comment will be made by others, and rugs we'll be cut and Northern Soul will be banged out the jukebox. Don't forget your talcum powder and carrots for the combine!

Yep Micks got a new combine harvester and we all think it's Ipswich...........

Chicken & Leak pie at The Black Bull........8/10 washed down with a dozen plus pints of Guinness, followed by retiring as winner at pool, and a game of darts, where neither of us could be @rsed or compus mentos to do the maths, jukebox banged out The Wedding Present, Joy Division, The Pogues, Happy Mondays, Inspiral Carpets, The Smiths, The Clash etc after watching Gillette Soccer Saturday cheering on Norwich and Sheff Wed, before eventually calling it a day in time to get home and fall asleep in front of The Voice and the rest of Saturday Nightmare TV and already looking forward to Saturday to do it all again.

As for our Aberdeenshire "Dancing Queen"..........worth about

Like I said in real time, and from the angle Sky gave us it did look debatable. What I'm saying is you can see it as many times as you like. There's many angles, there's even a bloody freeze-frame of the moment the ball hits Keogh and it hits his torso.

I've already mentioned it in another post. It's a reason I don't envy referees. Either decision he made then would have been contested. He was hounded by Ipswich players when he didn't give it and had he given it then I expect he would have been hounded by Derby players too.

I just don't see how you could maintain your view that it hit his arm when it's clear as day it didn't, and even if it did the rules state that it wouldn't be a penalty anyway.

The ref made a fantastic decision.

I've maintained my view because I'm yet to see any conclusive evidence to the contrary.

Sorry, I didn't realise there was an actual slow motion or freeze frame available. I must have missed that.

I've maintained my view because I'm yet to see any conclusive evidence to the contrary.

Sorry, I didn't realise there was an actual slow motion or freeze frame available. I must have missed that.

I believe it was posted on this thread somewhere, I'll have a look.

Here you go: https://twitter.com/Eve85LynZ/status/554035140771725312/photo/1

Proves it clipped Keogh's chest, although it was level with his arm which is why you could have seen why a penalty may have been given.

I think Keogh showed great awareness and quick thinking to get himself out of the way. How many times do you see players just leaving their arms hanging and giving the ref a real decision to make?

Thought the Ref had agood game,got all the big decisions right.To me the Keogh incident

was plain,having watched Sky and FLS.

As the ball was heading towards him,Keogh moved his arm to his side,and twisted his body

sideways,to do all he could to avoid handball.The ball hit his arm,not his body,it deflected the

ball and slowed it down The ref had a good view and made the correct decision that the ball hit

the hand,not the other way round,that Keogh had done all he could,therefore accidental.was

correct,no penalty.

It isn't necessary to prove that it did not hit his hand / arm.

Even if it did, it does not constitute an offence if the ref deemed it to be unintentional.

Law 12 and the guidance given to referees are both clear on this. The word 'deliberate' is used in the law itself and the guidance.

All the referee would need to say by way of explanation is, 'I thought it was unintentional.' If any of the serial whiners that manage our football clubs still think it's a penalty, the ref could follow up with, 'Go and read the laws of the game before publicly having a go, you fecking cretins.' Possibly.

Surprisingly, both Sky Sports Score Centre and BBC Sport have Ipswich down as having the most possession. As Sky were showing possession we had about 60% to their 40% every time they showed the stat.

End of the game possession stats:

Sky Sports - Ipswich 54% Derby 46%

BBC - 52% to 48%

Not much in it but still thought we had more of the ball.

Yep Micks got a new combine harvester and we all think it's Ipswich...........

Chicken & Leak pie at The Black Bull........8/10 washed down with a dozen plus pints of Guinness, followed by retiring as winner at pool, and a game of darts, where neither of us could be @rsed or compus mentos to do the maths, jukebox banged out The Wedding Present, Joy Division, The Pogues, Happy Mondays, Inspiral Carpets, The Smiths, The Clash etc after watching Gillette Soccer Saturday cheering on Norwich and Sheff Wed, before eventually calling it a day in time to get home and fall asleep in front of The Voice and the rest of Saturday Nightmare TV and already looking forward to Saturday to do it all again.

As for our Aberdeenshire "Dancing Queen"..........worth about

Archived