Best Players So Far

Thorne

In order:

Chris Martin- Will be our most essential player all season

Cyrus Christie- Best RB I've seen in a long, long time

Lee Grant- Was playing very very well until he got injured

Jamie Ward- Had a run of great form and scored some important goals

Richard Keogh- Been our most solid defender

John Eustace- Reliable and proven he is more than capable of starting in our most important position

Will Hughes- Close with Hendrick, favour his creativity

Johnny Russell- Works hard

Jeff Hendrick- Been pretty good, will score a few goals

Ryan Shotton- been solid when needed in RB and CB positions

Craig Forsyth- Out of form when he can't afford to be

Omar Mascarell- Made some silly mistakes, looks like he could offer more than Eustace, yet to prove it fully

Kelle Roos- been very good when he has played

Simon Dawkins- Incomsisent, injuries, 1 good game

Craig Bryson- missing his goals, he's just running a lot so far

Jordon Ibe- Frustrating, has great potential, too selfish with the ball thinks too highly of himself

Jack Butland- good penalty save but that's about it, can't seem to kick a ball and keep it in play

Zak Whitbread- negative back passing

Jake Buxton- been injured, needs to find form

Leon Best- offered nothing, should send him back and get a better striker

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1. Christie 2 Hughes 3 Grant ... I would like to see a stat on our win percentage with shotton at centre back ... I have a feeling its impressive ... He's been a pleasant addition too

Hughes for me - started the season in unfamiliar dcm role, now seems capable of really hurting teams when he gets forward, must have gained a lot of confidence from the England U21's games, when he was quite easily the best player on the pitch.

1. Martin - The focal point to what we're good at. The first name on the team sheet.

2. Christie - Really impressed me with how well he's done so far, more than filled Wisdom's position from last season (No pun intended there!). Signs are good.

3. Hughes - This lad is a talent. With even more pressure on his shoulders this season, he's stepped up again. Our second best midfielder behind Throne for me.

4. Grant - Never thought we'd miss him as much as we do since his injury. Our back 4 look a lot more confident with Granty behind them.

5. Ward - Has had a really good start to the season, shame he picked up an injury when he was showing some good form. Has to try and win the shirt back from Russell now.

1. Martin- Goals combined with his exceptional hold up play.

2. Eustace- Came into the side when we needed him and did a great job steadying the ship. Very underrated so far

3. Christie- excellent going forward and equally solid at the back.

4. Grant- Been fantastic between the sticks and has organised defence well.

5. Russell- Most assists especially saying he's been coming of the bench. Making the most of his run in the 1 st team

6. Hughes- very creative in midfield for us. His play has added an extra dimension to our midfield

Archived