The January Window Transfer Suggestion Thread

Thorne

How about Jack Cork on a loan with option to make permanent at the end of the season? Would offer us quality in defensive midfield, which we lack with Thorne out, and we won't have to rush Georgey boy back into the side when he does get fit again.

We need a winger, particularly if Russell's injury is a bad'un. Ninos and I would love Bakary Sako - we could get him cheap now as his contract is set to expire at the end of the season. Wages probably quite big though, it'd be a risk.

Saw Koeman on Sky the other day saying they have offered him a new contract and he needs to make his mind up.

Got the feeling that maybe he was stalling on comitting

• Replies 492
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sadly, Tom came through the ranks at a dark time for the club, when crooks were in charge and what seemed a very dodgy deal was done to move him on to Spurs. As such, my understanding has always been that Huddlestone held no particularly fond memories of Derby and even advised other players against coming here.

Like Ramnut, I would be astonished if he suddenly wanted to return. He was one of the best passers of a ball anywhere but has the turning circle of a large supertanker. As a Premier League player of course he'd improve our squad, but it ain't going to happen.

He told Jake Livermore to come to us and by all accounts he's his best mate, so if he advised him to come here he must hold some affection for the club.

Antonio Cassano is a free agent! if we go up? maybe next season? short contract until then?

I despise this guy. A grade a nob end who pissed his prodigious talent up the wall. It's a sad indictment on the state of Italian football that he still makes their national squad.

I despise this guy. A grade a nob end who pissed his prodigious talent up the wall. It's a sad indictment on the state of Italian football that he still makes their national squad.

did he? I think to have a heart attack and still get back into the Italy squad shows something about him.

Lee Chung-Young from Bolton. Saw interview with Lennon the other day saying they may have to sell as he's out of contract in summer. The few games I've seen him play have been quite impressed. Quick attacking winger who would fit our style of play.

Good shout! Lee's quality!

Lee Chung-Young from Bolton. Saw interview with Lennon the other day saying they may have to sell as he's out of contract in summer. The few games I've seen him play have been quite impressed. Quick attacking winger who would fit our style of play.

Think he's off to Palace but heard Stoke in for him as well.

Chungy is a okay footballer but I wouldn't put him in our style of play. 

I see him as a lesser Dawkins, to be honest. He's good at filling in and playing football but doesn't really offer too much going forward. Doesn't really beat his man, doesn't really lose the ball.... Doesn't really take any chances. 

After six goals in the past 18 months, I doubt Bolton fans will be too cut up about him leaving either. 

When Bolton took him off against us earlier this season, I was bloody glad to see the back of him - he looked very good up until that point

Archived