The January Window Transfer Suggestion Thread

Thorne

Grant, Russell, Martin and Hughes are indispensable.

Possibly but......

Martin may end up competing with Bent

Its taken a long time for schteve to understand the value of hughes

Russell didn't start the season as a guaranteed first choice and has now developed a hamstring problem of unknown severity.

• Replies 492
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How about Jack Cork on a loan with option to make permanent at the end of the season? Would offer us quality in defensive midfield, which we lack with Thorne out, and we won't have to rush Georgey boy back into the side when he does get fit again.

We need a winger, particularly if Russell's injury is a bad'un. Ninos and I would love Bakary Sako - we could get him cheap now as his contract is set to expire at the end of the season. Wages probably quite big though, it'd be a risk.

How about Jack Cork on a loan with option to make permanent at the end of the season? Would offer us quality in defensive midfield, which we lack with Thorne out, and we won't have to rush Georgey boy back into the side when he does get fit again.

We need a winger, particularly if Russell's injury is a bad'un. Ninos and I would love Bakary Sako - we could get him cheap now as his contract is set to expire at the end of the season. Wages probably quite big though, it'd be a risk.

I keep seeing Jack Cork being mentioned.

Is he availiable? I thought he had just been injured and was playing prior to it?

Don't know if this has already been suggested but depending on the financial situation I would like to bring Darren Fletcher in.

He has worked with Steve before and would offer great premier league know how.

Can play defensive or a more box to box role and has great passing ability.

Granted he has suffered from injuries and illness but it sounds like Man Utd have supported him through the worst of it and he should be looking to enjoy the rest of his career.

Great future captain too!

Possibly but......

Martin may end up competing with Bent

Its taken a long time for schteve to understand the value of hughes

Russell didn't start the season as a guaranteed first choice and has now developed a hamstring problem of unknown severity.

I can't see us playing ANY team without Martin, even if we start putting Bent into the starting 11, it will be alongside Martin.

And? He's now indispensable.

Russell's injury is said to be 3-4 weeks, he'll be back in as soon as possible.

And just because yiu got a like from Ninos for suggesting not starting Martin, don't think your post was intelligent.

I can't see us playing ANY team without Martin, even if we start putting Bent into the starting 11, it will be alongside Martin.

And? He's now indispensable.

Russell's injury is said to be 3-4 weeks, he'll be back in as soon as possible.

And just because yiu got a like from Ninos for suggesting not starting Martin, don't think your post was intelligent.

Don't be such a condescending pillock.

I am not advocating bent or martin over the other. I'm simply making an observation that bent MAY get selected over Martin as he did ok centrally v chesterfield.

Now get off your high horse.

Don't know if this has already been suggested but depending on the financial situation I would like to bring Darren Fletcher in.

He has worked with Steve before and would offer great premier league know how.

Can play defensive or a more box to box role and has great passing ability.

Granted he has suffered from injuries and illness but it sounds like Man Utd have supported him through the worst of it and he should be looking to enjoy the rest of his career.

Great future captain too!

He popped into my head the other day too. Unfortunately the likes of West Ham seem to be looking at him as a serious option so I cant see use getting him, but for someone mid table in the prem or downward he'll make a great leader for years to come as well as still a very good player  

I keep seeing Jack Cork being mentioned.

Is he availiable? I thought he had just been injured and was playing prior to it?

He is currently out of contract at the end of the season.. don't think he's played all that much with Schneiderlin and Wanyama ahead of him. I just found this one from a couple of days ago..

Jack Cork has been handed a 48-hour ultimatum over his new contract by Southampton

He popped into my head the other day too. Unfortunately the likes of West Ham seem to be looking at him as a serious option so I cant see use getting him, but for someone mid table in the prem or downward he'll make a great leader for years to come as well as still a very good player  

Don't underestimate the pulling power of Steve! I've not heard any rumours but just think it would be a great signing to strengthen the whole squad.

Dan Smith from Liverpool? 

From a village near me, saw him play for his school in the Sentinel Shield a few years ago and he was unbelievable, Liverpool coaches were shitting themselves on the touchline "leave that one Danny".... "calm it down mate"..."can he come off yet?"

No idea how he's getting on now but a quick search shows the scousers calling him the next Stevie G.

Edit: Match report - http://www.stokesentinel.co.uk/Sentinel-Schools-Shield-Smith-nets-late-winner/story-16097181-detail/story.html

Best non league match i've ever seen.

What worries me is that we have 1 holding mf player,Omar,who is inexperienced,and

not convincing.We also have Thorne,who is expected,after 8 months without a game

to return,hit the ground running,fully match fit and hits top form right away like nothing

has happened,and doesn't pick up another injury.

Looks like a gamble to me.

Dan Smith from Liverpool? 

From a village near me, saw him play for his school in the Sentinel Shield a few years ago and he was unbelievable, Liverpool coaches were shitting themselves on the touchline "leave that one Danny".... "calm it down mate"..."can he come off yet?"

No idea how he's getting on now but a quick search shows the scousers calling him the next Stevie G.

Edit: Match report - http://www.stokesentinel.co.uk/Sentinel-Schools-Shield-Smith-nets-late-winner/story-16097181-detail/story.html

Best non league match i've ever seen.

Dan smith?

They've got a brad smith.....

Archived