The January Window Transfer Suggestion Thread

Thorne

It wont be Chalobah as he cannot play for another club this season.

Scrap what I said earlier in the page, the lower leagues don't count in this stupid rule so Chalobah is off to Reading.

Crazy crazy rule that is ruining player development. Could of gone and played abroad but is having to slum it at Reading. FIFA need to look at that rule for players under a certain age.

• Replies 492
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Chalobah is at Reading... Lol he's so ****

He wasn't when he played a pivotal part in Watford nearly reaching the Premier League. Nor the respect and plaudits he got for playing at Chelsea despite the competition in his age group. 

He was badly used at Forest, much like Ince, and at Burnley he was on a hiding to nothing. 

I'd have liked to see how he did in our team, he'd have been given his natural position to play, but we couldn't offer him guaranteed first team football. At Reading, I think he will be shoe-horned into a rigid 4-4-2 system either playing as a CB or CM, both of which don't suit him.

As for Atsu, if we don't sign him and McClaren is telling the truth. Does anyone have any idea where we'll look next? My guess is abroad, I can't think of many players in the U21s that could do a job. If a permanent, I'd like to see us go in for Buckley at Sunderland. He's not play from the start since mid-October. Always comes off the bench, though.

Lingard is the obvious choice for a loan, but we'll have to see.

What are people's opinions of Bakary Sako?

Left sided midfielder. Can score goals. Wanted by PL clubs in the past.

Could fit?

He'd be superb for us.

Archived