Derby County v Huddersfield

Mafiabob

Off to bed me. I can only foresee a big dose of negativity otherwise. I will sleep easy with another 3 points in the bin. Come April, indeed December, who really will give a flying fu ck whether our defence was not quite right on the night, tonight.

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great result for us. Omar was quality 

Butland 8 (Great saves in both half)

Christie 8 

Keogh 9 

Shotton 8 

Fozzy 8 

Omar 10 

Hughes 8

Hendrick 9 

Ibe 7.5 (Great goal though)

Russell 8 

Martin 8

Coutts N/A 

Dawkins 7 (Good finish and glad he shut the haters already LOL)

Mac and Co 9 

:)

Wolves had 1 shot tonight against Ipswich Lol.  :lol:

Very generous scores them.

Got there in the end, a jittery performance but also some lovely play in patches. Looked better than against Wigan and Millwall.

But please bring Eustace back for Saturday. Whatever Mascarell is as a player, he isn't a Championship defensive midfielder, our defence was exposed time and time again all night. He can knock the ball around ok, but can't break up play and is regularly out of position. I'm sure he's a really good footballer, just seems to lack that natural defensive nous. 

Thought Russell had a great game and on the whole was our best player.

I'm always impressed by Hughes' resilience when coming out of some pretty hefty tackles/one on ones.

Forsyth had a bit of a shocker. Some poor decisions. His confidence seems shot.

On the whole we look like one of the best teams in the championship for 20 minute spells in a game and then we switch off for a similar period

However, I think a fit and fully firing George Thorne can help us hit top gear.

Mascarell was brilliant today, got stuck in and kept it simple plus had a touch of class at times. Dont what to make of shotton second half he seemed to be away with the fairies or something

Totally agree he was marking himself at times,there chances came from his errors in the second half got caught ball watching a lot.

Unbelievable match. So open.

Huddersfield have improved from last year.

We were good going forward at times but also wide open at the back.

Sloppy marking. Players turning up in and around the box totally unmarked. Bizarre.

Thought Russell had a great game and on the whole was our best player.

I'm always impressed by Hughes' resilience when coming out of some pretty hefty tackles/one on ones.

Forsyth had a bit of a shocker. Some poor decisions. His confidence seems shot.

On the whole we look like one of the best teams in the championship for 20 minute spells in a game and then we switch off for a similar period

However, I think a fit and fully firing George Thorne can help us hit top gear.

agree with that, and a word for Keogh. He was outstanding tonight against a lively front line, I lost count of the number of times he stopped their strikers getting through and he carried the ball out of defence really well. Good captain's performance.

Not read any comments yet, here's my very brief summary of the players

Butland 6 - Unconvincing

Christie 6 - Average

Keogh 7 - Solid

Shotton 5 - Shaky

Forsyth 5 - Nervy

Mascarell 7 - Improved

Hughes 8 - Excellent

Hendrick 6 - Ok

Russell 9 - Superb

Martin 5 - Anonymous

Ibe 6 - Meh

Dawkins 7 - Winger

All in all, very good going forward, very sloppy at the back. Should have scored more, could easily have conceded more.

It was a good performance, I thought. I know people on the radio were knocking it, but I thought there were a lot more positives from the game than there has been recently - although, I thought their goals were soft.

Ratings:

Butland - 7 - the guy next to me was really hating on Butland, I couldn't understand why, he didn't seem to like any of the loan players to be honest. I thought he made some good saves, he could have commanded his area better though. 

Christie - 6 - did okay, but not one of his best games. 

Keogh - 7 - good performance, he did really badly in the move that lead to their corner they scored for though. Also, I thought his positioning for their first was off - he was blocking Butland's view - but that aside, he did really well.

Shotton - 5 - the only bad performance for me, well, below par performance. He gave the ball away too much, he looked rigid, he wasn't very good.

Forsyth - 7 - he cut scannell out the game well, but lost composure towards the end of the game. Still, I thought he looked fairly good tonight. 

Mascarell - 8 - he was blindsided a few times but his passing was on point, he really does add another dimension for us. 

Hendrick - 7 - great assist for the first goal, general play was good - although, I thought he did lose impact in the second half.

Hughes - 7 - tidy performance, perhaps should have took a shot when he got in the box. 

Ibe - 8 - he made an impact, but people still moan. I thought he was generally tidy and put us on the front foot more often than not.

Russell - 8 - similar to Ibe, he worked harder though and really got himself about. My MOTM. 

Martin - 7 - unlucky not to score, but his general play was quite good. 

Dawkins - 7 - fantastic finish, generally tidy. Coutts - 6 - didn't get long, but made a good tackle on the edge of the box. 

As shown, Shotton was the only real concern for me. Everyone ranged from good to okay. 

Great result for us. Omar was quality 

Butland 8 (Great saves in both half)

Christie 8 

Keogh 9 

Shotton 8 

Fozzy 8 

Omar 10 

Hughes 8

Hendrick 9 

Ibe 7.5 (Great goal though)

Russell 8 

Martin 8

Coutts N/A 

Dawkins 7 (Good finish and glad he shut the haters already LOL)

Mac and Co 9 

:)

Wolves had 1 shot tonight against Ipswich Lol.  :lol:

Oh god, what am I reading here. :huh:

First time post on this forum.

For me Omar was MOM, was refreshing to see our defensive mid play passes forward and really drill it in to martins feet to get hold of. Don't get me wrong I love eustace and his ability to smash people, but seeing Omar looking to attack at every opportunity is good even if sometimes a ping of his goes wayward.

Thought Christie has been struggling of late in my personal opinion, not playing badly but just not to the standard we have seen him at. Fair play to Huddersfield as well not a bad team and loved Powell showing his love for the derby faithful.

Come on you rams

Good victory against a proper handful of a side going forward. Holt won loads and Wells was quicksilver.

First half was up and down. Kick off, murdered them, scored, got owned for 15 minutes, conceded, got on top again, scored, half time. Draw breath.

Second half was nip and tuck all the way and the third goal was massive.

Overall we deserved the win, with Keogh, Mascarell, Hughes and especially Johnny Russell impressing. No-one had a stormer though, they all made a mistake or two. 

Content, but can't keep conceding 2 per game though.

The block Christie made second half saved a certain goal. Russell MOM, seemed to jar his knee just before he went off, hope he's ok for Sat. Shotton poor I thought, Omar better than average, but no way will he ever play for Real. Keogh composed throughout, 7/10 overall.

Didn't defend great, but did enough. Could tell they were on a run, full of confidence. Difficult long ball team, feeding off the second ball.

Butland 6.5 - some decent stops and punches. Bit hesitant and coming off his line once or twice.

Christie 7 - constant threat going forward, one fantastic goal saving block.

Keogh 8 - cleaned up a lot after Shotton got beat

Shotton 6 - did ok, but got done too many times

Forsyth 6 - doesn't look himself. Needs to get forward more

Mascarell 7 - wayward passes early but grew into it. Mixed it well and started us off

Hughes 6.5 - did ok, not involved enough passed the first half hour for me

Hendrick 6.5 - again, drifted in and out the game and I think him and Hughes take each other's space a lot

Ibe 6.5 - frustrating at times but when he's good he's excellent

Russell 8 - probably his most complete performance this season

Martin 6 - manhandled for the majority. Had a couple of shots early which he should have done better with.

Archived