Derby County v Huddersfield

Mafiabob

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Derby 0-5 Huddersfield, we're bang average and Huddersfield showed today what a top team they are.

I would mix things up a bit

Roos, Forsyth, Whitbread, Hanson, Christie, Omar, Dawkins, Hendrick, Russell, Martin, Best

Derby 0-5 Huddersfield, we're bang average and Huddersfield showed today what a top team they are.

I would mix things up a bit

Roos, Forsyth, Whitbread, Hanson, Christie, Omar, Dawkins, Hendrick, Russell, Martin, Best

I Dawkins playing the Iniesta role?

Powell really has Huddersfield playing well it seems, and therefore this one will be a tough one.  The way we have played lately, I would say it is very important to get three points from this to get some confidence back, and not continue to slide.  When looking at Huddersfield, their best weapons in attack would be Bunn who has 5, and Butterfield who has bagged 3 goals.  Powell will have them ready for this even more as a former Derby player; we have to match their enthusiasm in every way.

As far as starting xi goes? Well today did not look good at all tbh; for this one put Hughes back in is the first thing, and perhaps Ibe on the wings also.

#inmacitrust

Not Ibe for me, keep him on the bench unless some kind of emergency crops up, just not feeling it with him for some reason, gave the ball away shortly before their winner today.

We need to distribute it well from the back for starters, I'm getting reports Bucklands kicking was poor again, so he wouldn't be in my team, just a waste of time if its going out of play every kick.

Hughes must play if he's back to anywhere near his best, Mascarell I feel would be more suited to home games than away games as his physicality isn't on a par with Eustace so arguably you could say we did it the wrong way around there over the last few games. But would be tempted to play Eustace as that's always been the most successful formula without Thorne.

Would also play Shotton alongside Keogh without any hesitation.

Roos; Christie, Naylor/Coutts, Keogh, Shotton; Bryson, Eustace, Hughes; Martin, Dawkins, Russell.

Would try to rest Forsyth just to give him a kick up the jacksee, maybe Naylor would be OK for a couple of games or so (he didn't look too bad against Rangers in the pre season) or maybe Coutts could play there for  a game or two I dunno. Mainly for the effect it might have in future games.

Also you can't have a goalkeeper who can't kick in the modern game either especially the way Derby play its so vital to get the distribution from the back right so back to Roos for me, have always been impressed with him each time he's played.

Or suppose Shotton could play left back and keep Buxton in.

Archived