Derby County v Huddersfield

Mafiabob

Despite being at fault for their first goal.

Hughes was at fault for the first goal as well lol

Let the ball under his foot up the field and did a simple mis control with no one near him when Mascarell found him .

Their attack started from that mistake but we should of defended it better yes.

Hughes should have controlled that ball every day of the week and we were in a good attacking position which turned into desperate defending from being caught up the field.

Bet Ramage didn't see that one.

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That was a bad mistake from Hughes, but I don't think losing possession that high up the field can be said to have cost us a goal. You are wandering into Clough's criticism of Cwyka realms of fantasy. Our defenders were all in position and should have dealt with the Huddersfield attack better.

Russell was my man of the match. He made a huge number of good tackles and interceptions, tracked back well, rarely wasted possession, looked dangerous with the ball, and bagged a goal.

Mascarell had a good game after a shaky start. He was nowhere near man of the match (I don't know what planet some of you people live on), but for me he keeps the shirt for Saturday.

Christie had an absolute mare. It was his worst game in Derby colours as he allowed himself to be bullied by Bunn. Great goal saving block in the second half though.

Butland's distribution was better and he made several good saves, but I wish he'd learn to parry shots wide and out of play instead of back into the danger area.

Keogh put in another strong performance too.

Anybody actually know what Ibe was booked for? Didn't even see anything even resembling a freekick from where I was, and the ref is charging over to book him. :huh:

The slightest pull of the shirt, didn't even stop the fella winning the ball!

Hughes was at fault for the first goal as well lol

Let the ball under his foot up the field and did a simple mis control with no one near him when Mascarell found him .

Their attack started from that mistake but we should of defended it better yes.

Hughes should have controlled that ball every day of the week and we were in a good attacking position which turned into desperate defending from being caught up the field.

Bet Ramage didn't see that one.

Ridiculously harsh on Hughes.

Regarding the match in general, I was hugely impressed with Hendrick in the first half, best I've seen him play since I can remember. Shame he was largely anonymous in the second, I wonder why.

That was a bad mistake from Hughes, but I don't think losing possession that high up the field can be said to have cost us a goal. You are wandering into Clough's criticism of Cwyka realms of fantasy. Our defenders were all in position and should have dealt with the Huddersfield attack better.

Russell was my man of the match. He made a huge number of good tackles and interceptions, tracked back well, rarely wasted possession, looked dangerous with the ball, and bagged a goal.

Mascarell had a good game after a shaky start. He was nowhere near man of the match (I don't know what planet some of you people live on), but for me he keeps the shirt for Saturday.

Christie had an absolute mare. It was his worst game in Derby colours as he allowed himself to be bullied by Bunn. Great goal saving block in the second half though.

Butland's distribution was better and he made several good saves, but I wish he'd learn to parry shots wide and out of play instead of back into the danger area.

Keogh put in another strong performance too.

What shaky start we started on the front foot and scored after 6 minutes.

The goal knocked us back.

Up the field counts and we shouldn't lose stupid possession

Christie back heel was bad giving away a corner just before HT just before we scored it could have cost us .

Ridiculously harsh on Hughes.

Regarding the match in general, I was hugely impressed with Hendrick in the first half, best I've seen him play since I can remember. Shame he was largely anonymous in the second, I wonder why.

Not harsh on Hughes it was a school boy error if that had been Mascarell the ceiling would of fell in on here just as it did regarding 1st goal at Brenfford.

Hughes often loses the ball but he had a very good game trying to make things happen.

Hendrick And Mascarell did well for the Ibe goal.

what shaky start we started on the front foot and scored after 6 minutes.

The goal knocked us back.

Up the field counts and we shouldn't lose stupid possession

Christie back heel was bad giving away a corner just before HT just before we scored it could have cost us .

With regards to the shaky start I mean Mascarell in particular, not the team as a whole. In the first 25 minutes he wasted possession far more times than Hughes, who you are slating, with misplaced passes.

I suppose you can choose to trace every opposition goal back to the moment we lost possession high up the field and apply blame there. It's a bizarre way of looking at the game as you're essentially saying you have no trust in your defence and every period of opposition pressure is likely to lead to a goal. I also find it curious that you seem to believe Hughes miss-controlling the ball high up the field is a bigger crime than Mascarell getting mugged in front of his own goal against Fulham.

With regards to the shaky start I mean Mascarell in particular, not the team as a whole. In the first 25 minutes he wasted possession far more times than Hughes, who you are slating, with misplaced passes.

I suppose you can choose to trace every opposition goal back to the moment we lost possession high up the field and apply blame there. It's a bizarre way of looking at the game as you're essentially saying you have no trust in your defence and every period of opposition pressure is likely to lead to a goal. I also find it curious that you seem to believe Hughes miss-controlling the ball high up the field is a bigger crime than Mascarell getting mugged in front of his own goal against Fulham.

Mascarell didn't misplace a pass all game .

Maybe I can think of 1 if I'm being picky but his pass completion and not just short passes is phenomenal

That was Roos fault at Fulham as well the pass was never on .

He played either two or three to the opposition in the first 10 minutes.

He grew into the game though and made some great interceptions very high up the pitch, something Eustace can't do.

Proof of 2 or 3 I can't recall them at all .

Count Hughes mis placed passes please then and dribbling losing the ball.

Mascarell didn't misplace a pass all game .

Maybe I can think of 1 if I'm being picky but his pass completion and not just short passes is phenomenal

That was Roos fault at Fulham as well the pass was never on .

You are a Mascarell ideologue.

As Penelope says, he grew into the game and performed well, but refusing to admit that he makes any errors is a very strange attitude.

Proof of 2 or 3 I can't recall them at all .

Count Hughes mis placed passes please then and dribbling losing the ball.

Hughes played as an attacking midfielder and it is a requirement that he takes risks. Goals don't come without risks.

Mascarell was our DM, his long balls can miss (not that they did, his long passing was superb. edit - maybe not looking at the post below!) but short passes missing are extremely dangerous.

He missed one and the guy next to me said that Eustace wouldn't do that. I agreed but actually defended Mascarell, saying we'd been more fluid than normal.

Sorry but I can't prove he lost the ball early on, I didn't film the game.

Archived