Derby County v Huddersfield

Mafiabob

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My team:

Butland

Christie            Keogh           Shotton         Forsyth

Eustace

Hughes          Bryson

Russell                                         Ibe

Martin

Shotton in to try and contain the pace of Wells and Bunn.

Eustace in because he's experienced and should have played yesterday. 

Hughes in because he's our best CAM in my opinion, he may well be key if he starts.

Ibe in because I think he'll offer a more direct option than Dawkins and offer more of a threat.

........................................Roos................................

Christie..............Keogh....................Shotton............Forsyth

.......................................Eustace..................................

................ Bryson..............................Hughes...................

Russell.............................Martin..........................Dawkins

Butland - Buxton - Hendrick - Ibe - Coutts - Mascarell -

........................................Roos................................

Christie..............Keogh....................Shotton............Forsyth

.......................................Eustace..................................

................ Bryson..............................Hughes...................

Russell.............................Martin..........................Dawkins

Butland - Buxton - Hendrick - Ibe - Coutts - Mascarell -

I agree drop Best completely and just got with the 6 subs.

I agree drop Best completely and just got with the 6 subs.

butland

Christie Keogh shotton forsyth

hendrick mascarell

Russell hughes dawkins

martin

butland

Christie Keogh shotton forsyth

hendrick mascarell

Russell hughes dawkins

martin

Why Mascarell? Looked sloppy yesterday and against a side in good form and scoring goals such as Huddersfield I would have though Eustace would be more valuable than ever...

Might be better to play Huddersfield when they are on form. They may well come here and believe they can win which leaves more gaps instead of parking a bus like teams do with two banks of players.

My worry with both Hughes and Dawkins in the team is we don't get in behind the opposition. It leaves Martin too exposed as he doesn't have the runners of him. If Hughes is in, Ibe should be in. If Dawkins is in, then Bryson has to be in.

It's all good passing the ball around and having retention but you need runners to create space and Dawkins and Hughes are not runners. Ibe is guilty of wanting the ball to feet too much for me but he can get in behind.

Russell has to be in, provides an energy for me and his quality has stepped up in recent games.

Shotton at centre back please so is it Eustace or Mascarell. Both play the role differently. I would stick with Mascarell. Quality with the ball wins it for me. He will keep learning how to play the role better if we give him games and I am all for that. He does have a quality about him though but we are not taking advantage of it.

Why Mascarell? Looked sloppy yesterday and against a side in good form and scoring goals such as Huddersfield I would have though Eustace would be more valuable than ever...

were at home Eustace more defensive than mascarell. not so much the players but the formation hendrick is cover for the defence when were defending but on the attack dawkins and Russell support martin with hughes central and hendrick making runs from midfield. attack is the best form of defense

must win game for especially with wolves on staurday. If we aren't careful then we could end up out of the play offs

At this point of the season does it matter that much?

I'm not saying that keeping this losing run going will help our promotion ambitions but the table shouldn't be the be all end all when we're still in November.

were at home Eustace more defensive than mascarell. not so much the players but the formation hendrick is cover for the defence when were defending but on the attack dawkins and Russell support martin with hughes central and hendrick making runs from midfield. attack is the best form of defense

Attack is not the best form of defence for us. A solid back 4 + Eustace is the best form of defence...       :lol:

Archived