Derby County v Wigan Athletic

PrivateDerby

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Brentford (A)- If a team wants to win this division, as we do, then this is simply a game that you win. I fully expect us to win as well. I think we'll have far to much for them.

Sorry but I really don't understand comments like this. 

Leicester City for instance dropped points at home to Yeovil and Leeds United last year, lost at Doncaster Rovers and Charlton.

I don't think losing at Brentford would tell us much whether we could win the league or not.

Been following Rams since Poom joined the club. But now is the first time to visit Derby and be at the home match against Wigan. Really hope for a good match

3-1 for the Rams

Looking forward for this

BTW any suggestions for a good place to have an after match beer?

Will be a tight game because they will only want to hit us on the counter. I think there may be further changes on Saturday, with perhaps Hughesy and Christie getting a rest and maybe a need for more physicality in the first 60. With Dawkins playing today and getting two he too might do the first 60, and let Ibe rip for final 30.

So how about:

Butland, Shotton, Keogh, Whitbread, Forsyth, Eustace, Bryson, Hendrick, Dawkins, Martin, Russell.

Roos, Christie, Best, Buxton, Hughes, Mascarell, Ibe

need....early....goal....must....happen...one...........day

In the last 15 minutes of games this season we've scored 12 goals and conceded only 2. Agree it'd be lovely to be a few up by half-time, but even when it doesn't happen our opponents struggle as it's so tiring chasing around without the ball. It also means we must have great confidence, even when the game's nearly over, that we're going to score.

I think to start it will be:

...............................Butland................................

Christie..............Keogh............Shotton..............Forsyth

................................Eustace................................

..............Bryson..............................Hughes

Russell.....................Martin....................Dawkins

Subs: Roos - Buxton - Mascarell - Hendrick - Ibe - Best

The ref is none other than Robert Madley, who to my mind had a premeditated plan to send our Chrissie Martin off away at Burnley last season, quite possibly costing us automatic promotion. I really hope he was dragged over the coals for such a terrible decision. The guy owes us big time...

The ref is none other than Robert Madley, who to my mind had a premeditated plan to send our Chrissie Martin off away at Burnley last season, quite possibly costing us automatic promotion. I really hope he was dragged over the coals for such a terrible decision. The guy owes us big time...

Crap decision though that was, he did give us help by red-carding Blackstock at the gumps the season before. Not quite as poor a decision but I certainly thought straight red was wrong call.

Perhaps he's just not a very good ref?

Archived