The demise of Notts Forest

Posh Ram

• Replies 803
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My opinion on a few things posted today...

'manager with an attitude problem' - while I do agree Fizco has a bad reputation, hence the nickname, I think he's a completely different person now. He doesn't seem to lose his rag and he almost seems Steve McClaren esc in his approach. This isn't me endorsing him as a manager, I still think he's not a great tactician but as a man-manager I think he's got potential and has come a long way from his Man City days.

'Tom Ince attitude problem... bad player' - I can't agree with this, not at all. I do think he's decision to stay in England was a bad one, but I don't for a minute believe it was out of greed. Hull are not, by any stretch of the imagination, huge spenders and without knowing the details it's impossible to say what he would have earned where. His reasons were to stay in England in order to keep in the manager's eye for the national team. Confident, yes. Cocky, no. At the minute, I believe anyone with a good run of five games can break into the England team, i.e. Colback, Zaha, Rose, Stones, Chambers...etc it actually applies to a lot of them. Now, can you imagine the impact you would have to make in Spain/Italy...etc to even get a second thought? A much bigger one than you would have to in England, I can assure you. In hindsight, he would have been better off going to Inter Milan... but again, there is no guarantees he would have been. As for his ability at this level, he's already a proven player over a few seasons. There is no guarantee it will work out and for the life of me don't see where he's going to fit in at Forest, but on paper he's a good signing. 

I actually don't think he will improve the team at all. I think he may do well, like Antonio, but ultimately the team will end up suffering, and yes, that is possible. Similar to Bamford for us last season, he scored goals but weakened the side at the same time. 

Stuart Pearce comes from the same managing school as many other failures.

He simply doesn't know what direction/style he wants to take.

Like a Harry Redknapp but worse. He'll buy good players, just throw 11 men on to the pitch without any real purpose and see if they can get a result.

It doesn't surprise me that they're on a winless run of about seven games to be honest. Will be interesting what they do in January when a gap starts to open up between themselves languishing in midtable and 6th spot.

Like a Harry Redknapp but worse. He'll buy good players, just throw 11 men on to the pitch without any real purpose and see if they can get a result.

It doesn't surprise me that they're on a winless run of about seven games to be honest. Will be interesting what they do in January when a gap starts to open up between themselves languishing in midtable and 6th spot.

IF they can do anything come January...

It seem's to me that his strategy is sign anybody who is available, that played for him at England U21's or was on their radar . Not much of a transfer portfolio lol

It seem's to me that his strategy is sign anybody who is available, that played for him at England U21's or was on their radar . Not much of a transfer portfolio lol

His recruitment of players have been fantastic and it's one thing that no one can question.

The vast majority of players he's brought in is of an high standard and at good ages.

Now he needs to learn how to get them to play

His recruitment of players have been fantastic and it's one thing that no one can question.

The vast majority of players he's brought in is of an high standard and at good ages.

Now he needs to learn how to get them to play

Hmm. If he's bought talented players who don't make a team, can that be considered to be fantastic recruitment?

Archived