Who's going to Brentford?

Rev

I do think fair way of way issue tickets if they made season tickets and away membership same proitey.

Why, people pay extra for away memberships, that money goes to the club, seems fair enough to me, st holders get enough perks for me.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I do think fair way of way issue tickets if they made season tickets and away membership same proitey.

Whatever system is used, people will moan. I think the current system is acceptable, good mix of ST and money loyalty. 

Plus, they introduced the 8+ away games for Forest away this season and that was a good addition. 

As I understand it, away members have to buy a home membership too? Forking out 80-ish quid, without anything to show for it, shows enough dedication to the Rams to give you priority.

I'm a season ticket holder, if I wanted badly enough to guarantee a away ticket I'd fork out membership, but can't see the point of bemoaning those that do getting first dibs.

Got my Brentford tickets 9am Monday morning, you want tickets bad enough you can get them.

Brother snagged free tickets for this but they're in the home stands so we'll try and swap. Brum and Reading have been very accommodating in the past for this. Thought the bird's brain on the gates for Pboro (also has standing!) was about to implode last time around mind.

Incidentally Cheltenham still has a standing home end and is great on the odd occasion I attend.

Absolute nonsense, people with away memberships well deserve the priority. Besides there'd still be the same complaints for popular games as not every one of our 19000 ST holders would be able to get a ticket.

By 'people with the away memberships' do you mean the rows and rows of people at Forest that I'd never seen before in my life at an away game? And of course who wouldn't have touched the midweek trip to Blackburn a few days later with a bargepole? Someone will still have to make the case for a scheme that means someone who has never been to a Derby game in their life can say 'I feel like going to Forest away' and can then go into the ticket office buy a home membership, an away membership and a Forest ticket. Yes, they've paid 80/90 quid for the privilege but that's a lot less than it would cost to go to a couple of local away games. AND the whole process would take less time than it would take to walk from the ground to Derby station.

It would appear now that we must have about 1300 away members, so there's no need to worry about how embarrassing the away section at Boro- now in full view of the TV cameras- will look. 1300+ will appear very respectable....

Oh, and as for any ST holders thinking that a ST alone should give you any divine right to an away ticket for an in-demand game, the allocation of Forest tickets was quite shocking. As a ST holder who'd been to 15 aways the previous season, I thought there was a slight chance I might get a ticket when they went on sale to those that had been to 8 aways last season. In fact, it was a piece of p***, and there were still 200 tickets left after that. Which means we've got 20,000 ST holders, and last season- a successful season- over 18,000, more than 9 out of 10, hadn't even gone to a 3rd of our away games. Unbelievable.

Got my Brentford ticket yesterday but already know of plenty of loyal away fans that have missed out. It's no consolation but if you're based down South, we've got all the old favourites coming up- Reading, Ipswich, Cardiff- you know, the places where you can have 2 or 3 rows of seats to yourself if you like...

No. He means people like me who now live down south and only manage about 10 home games (400 mile round trip) and most of the away southern games. I spend hundreds of pounds travelling on supporting my team each season. Please forgive me for paying to be an away member so I can get a ticket.

Agree entirely

We still on about this :frantics: . Of course they deserve Priority they're paying for the rights. I don't go away games so I don't expect to magically go Forest or Leeds rather the away following get the deserved right to go.

Archived