Who's going to Brentford?

Rev

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

By 'people with the away memberships' do you mean the rows and rows of people at Forest that I'd never seen before in my life at an away game? And of course who wouldn't have touched the midweek trip to Blackburn a few days later with a bargepole? Someone will still have to make the case for a scheme that means someone who has never been to a Derby game in their life can say 'I feel like going to Forest away' and can then go into the ticket office buy a home membership, an away membership and a Forest ticket. Yes, they've paid 80/90 quid for the privilege but that's a lot less than it would cost to go to a couple of local away games. AND the whole process would take less time than it would take to walk from the ground to Derby station.

It would appear now that we must have about 1300 away members, so there's no need to worry about how embarrassing the away section at Boro- now in full view of the TV cameras- will look. 1300+ will appear very respectable....

Oh, and as for any ST holders thinking that a ST alone should give you any divine right to an away ticket for an in-demand game, the allocation of Forest tickets was quite shocking. As a ST holder who'd been to 15 aways the previous season, I thought there was a slight chance I might get a ticket when they went on sale to those that had been to 8 aways last season. In fact, it was a piece of p***, and there were still 200 tickets left after that. Which means we've got 20,000 ST holders, and last season- a successful season- over 18,000, more than 9 out of 10, hadn't even gone to a 3rd of our away games. Unbelievable.

Got my Brentford ticket yesterday but already know of plenty of loyal away fans that have missed out. It's no consolation but if you're based down South, we've got all the old favourites coming up- Reading, Ipswich, Cardiff- you know, the places where you can have 2 or 3 rows of seats to yourself if you like...

Are you that TV detective guy Columbo? I'm guessing not as you don't seem very clever.

I went to the playoff final so I should get a ticket!

My mate supports Brentford. Might have to see if he can get me a ticket, however he sent me a pic of his seat for their game on Saturday and he was below pitch level.

how can you watch a match from the cellar?

Does anyone else miss the 'good old days' when you could get a ticket for an away game the day before? When you turned up at the ground the steward would yawn, look around the half empty stand and say, "Anywhere y'like mate".

And don't get me started about them away memberships, I don't need a bloody bit of plastic to prove I go to away matches. They should be handing them out free, on  cold, rainy, Tuesday nights at Middlesbrough.

Oh, before anyone asks, this little rant has got absolutely nothing to do with the fact that I can't get a friggin' ticket for Brentford!

Same mate, wake up Saturday morning and you'd think 'fook it i'm goin'

Turn up, get in the que and just hope you'd get one. If you didn't, you'd find a friendly home fan and slip them a fiver to get a ticket. Much more fun unless it backfired, in which case you'd just have to accept you weren't getting in and you'd cut your losses. 

Yep - unsegregated terraces (apart from the sign for 'Home Fans' etc), going to Highbury for the first time, asking a copper 'Which is the North Bank?' so we can go in the other end, copper pointing it out, going to the opposite end to what the b*stard double-bluffing scuffer who wanted his balls ripping off said, getting in, suddenly realise that the copper lied because we were now on the North Bank, all kitted out in black and white, climbing over the wall, legging it to the scoreboard end, watching us getting panned 4-0 - happy days.

• 2 weeks later...

Anybody who missed out on a ticket for this game can still get one via sky tickets. The only problem is that it will be in the home end. I'm having to do this after the ticket office messed up my order. I rang up and bought my ticket, only for them to ring me back a couple of days later to tell me it hadn't gone through and all tickets had now sold out. Some lucky person will now be standing on the terrace cheering on Derby while I'll be sitting down and pretending to be a Brentford fan. I'm still looking forward to it though.

Archived