JR

i-Ram

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Easily our best squad in over a decade, the almost certainty of a second very enjoyable season in a row (which I can't remember the last time we had two good seasons in a row). Yet some now seem to have the mindset of a few average/below average performances and the player is crap, I wonder who it will be next? All of our wide players offer us different things, if our wingers consistently did what we know they are capable of, none of them would be playing in the championship!

Can we at least have a serious discussion on how close it is until Mac decides to go Bald Eagle on us? That hair is thinning quickly....

He looked excellent when he came on against Cardiff.

Towards the end of last season, he was arguably our best player. Players don't just lose quality. Give him time and I'm confident he'll come good and recapture that excellent form he was showing.

Players do just lose quality.. Who did Liverpool sell to Chelsea?

Having said that, I like JR, he is turning into an impact player rather than a starter. I think that May be that's just because our squad has got stronger.

Having said that, I like JR, he is turning into an impact player rather than a starter. I think that May be that's just because our squad has got stronger.

Torres is an exception, you don't see that many players make such a drastic u-turn, but I see your point.

I think Russell and Ibe will be the two starting wingers by the end of the season because I think they are our two best players in those positons.

Ward is scoring at the minute so can't really be dropped but I think Russell will eventually replace him. Ibe has earned his place in the starting XI and week by week is showing us what a talent he really is.

They said that about Ward. "He was great a few years ago but now we've passed him by and we're better now so we need to look for better"

I can only echo what has already been said, wingers and strikers are form players mostly. We know he's a good player because he actually had a decent return last year despite his injuries. Plus he actually has quite a few assists this year already. Just don't give up on him, let him work through it playing his own game and improve. He'll take a more impact-based role doing this, coming off the bench. His form will hopefully improve over the season as other players see their form dip, so he is ready to step into it.

They said that about Ward. "He was great a few years ago but now we've passed him by and we're better now so we need to look for better"

I can only echo what has already been said, wingers and strikers are form players mostly. We know he's a good player because he actually had a decent return last year despite his injuries. Plus he actually has quite a few assists this year already. Just don't give up on him, let him work through it playing his own game and improve. He'll take a more impact-based role doing this, coming off the bench. His form will hopefully improve over the season as other players see their form dip, so he is ready to step into it.

We actually have 4 good wide players.... Ward, Dawkins, Russell and Ibe all bring different things IMO.

Whoever is in form should play.. At the moment it's Ibe and Ward but having Russell and Dawks sitting there they know they have to perform.

I was slightly disappointed with Ibe yesterday, listening to the radio and the Reading game he sounded unplayable and was really looking forward to seeing him start. Thought he played okay and was always a threat with his direct running but he often lost the ball.

To be honest, we have high standards now and the bar is set high.

We actually have 4 good wide players.... Ward, Dawkins, Russell and Ibe all bring different things IMO.

Whoever is in form should play.. At the moment it's Ibe and Ward but having Russell and Dawks sitting there they know they have to perform.

I was slightly disappointed with Ibe yesterday, listening to the radio and the Reading game he sounded unplayable and was really looking forward to seeing him start. Thought he played okay and was always a threat with his direct running but he often lost the ball.

To be honest, we have high standards now and the bar is set high.

He wasn't as good as v Reading imo.

Still like him in the team though.

Welcome back FunkyRam. Come back to sneer and snipe, and then disappear again for a while? Why don't you put a post up buddy, I am sure your originality of thought would be appreciated by many.

No I am not the greatest fan of JR in truth, but you don't find me posting major negatives about him. Nor do I give him him anything but my best when I watch him. The point is though that as our team is evolving, it's beginning to look like he isn't kicking on. Lots of raw talent, but he must be beginning to feel that he is now down to 4th pick for a wing position, with Calero breathing heavily down his neck. Great for Derby, not so great for JR.

Not sniping at anyone just boring this Dawkins vs Russell debate and as its you that keeps comparing the two what else do you want..? for me to agree with you that Dawkins is the better player? Not gonna happen!

Russell has 4 assists so far, Dawkins 0.

Dawkins 1 goal, Russell 0

I personally believe Russell is more effective for the team and the stats prove this.

I dont believe Russell isn't as far down the pecking order as you suggest, certainly not this season.

But I do agree with you that the future looks bright for Derby County.

I believe the major issues of the squad lie in the holding midfield role and god forbid if Martin gets a bad injury whos gonna play upfront? Best? lol!

ive seen better players in sunday league football.

JR is Derby's most photogenic player and gives every impression that he scored every single goal that Derby scored since he arrived. He has a photo album at home in which he is very prominent in every goal celebration photo shoot.. Copies of this photo album will be available in the pound shops after Xmas for 50p so you will get two for a quid. Unbeatable offer.

Some of you on this forum are shocking.. Reports come out that Bournemouth are interested and you all start moaning, he scores for us this week and some how I thread about him being average appears... JR brings flair and pace to our game, maybe he isn't our best winger but look how many good wingers we have.. Ward, ibe, Dawkins, calero, and at times Leon.. That just proves how much class we have.. JR is above average but compared to the quality on the wings that we have we isn't the best... I think we should all be grateful of the quality team we have and stop moaning just because he isn't scoring screamers like he did against forest every match.

I think a lot of you have short memories... Isn't he a striker who's being played on the wing? Wasn't he the next big thing in Scotland and we're playing him on the wing. Got no issues with this just stating points.

He could be **** till the end time I'll always remember that goal against the scum :) !

I still rate him just think like some one else mentioned every winger brings something different and important to have not many teams can say that!

I have been slightly dissapointed with him and said so this season....

Maybe I've been a bit too harsh. We've as fans set the standard much higher this season.

We are extremely fortunate to have 4 extremely talent wide players....

Think we have forgotten that Jamie Ward had to carry most of the burden last few years....

We've gone from one creative outlet to four/five/six in the space of a year.

We are spoilt

Archived