Derby County v Bournemouth

PrivateDerby

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Please elaborate...

It was an ongoing bit of fun a couple of days ago, when I suggested that those who refused to get behind ALL the players were coming up a little bit short as far as 'support' is concerned. It's not meant to be taken literally (I don't own a guillotine), but it's designed to make people think. After all, McClaren selects the team, and the individuals selected are there to do a specific job. Some people perhaps do not recognise the job that certain players are fulfilling.

You probably hear it better than I do (I'm rather hard of hearing) - but there often tends to be a murmur of dissent from certain quarters whenever Derby play the ball around at the back, urging them to - how should I put this - be a little more direct. Eustace is often criticised for not playing the ball forwards - people do not recognise that his role is to break up play and to act as a 'pivot' in order to change the direction of attack, and secondarily to 'sit' whenever Keogh (or Bucko) makes a surging run.

Very tough game. Decent footballing side, back on the upswing of form. Need to contain Ritchie and Surman, then go from there.

With that said, I'd play Mascarell. Always fancy us at home.

I keep expecting to see Mascarell start too, but McClaren seems reluctant at the moment. I think tonight would be a good opportunity to do so though, as AFCB won't be a physical bunch of cloggers.

I think Eustace has been very good so far this season, but I really don't see how he can keep playing 2 games a week given his age (and the inevitable disciplinary record), so Mascarell must surely have to be introduced soon you'd think?

Anyone know if any of the streams are compatible with an IPhone ?

Doubt it, as they are streamed using Flash player - iPhones/iPad browsers don't have this capability. You can download some apps that act as a browser for Flash sites though which would probably make the streams work.

Archived