Derby County v Reading

PrivateDerby

The only problem I have with this team, and it is only a small problem. Keogh and Shotton are both predominantly right sided defenders and that could ruin our feng shui if you like. I'm interested to see how it does, but I like to see both right and left sided players at the heart of defence.

All eyes on Mascarell, for me. I think he needs to have a 8/10 game and push for a starting place away at Bolton. It's there for the taking, he just needs to prove himself over a 90 minute first-team game. I think this is the best chance he is going to get. 

Best is an interesting one. What happens if he bags a couple goals tonight, does he start Saturday? I'd be interested to know. 

I just hope the players do the business tonight - it's still a strong team. It's also interesting to see the son of our ex captain, Martin Kuhl, play tonight. 

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Interesting to see how Roos does.

I think he will be fine, already shown he's decent against Zenit when he saved us from a mauling, Lost Thorne that game too :(

It will be more interesting to see how Shotton does with Keogh, both being right sided... and Mascarell and Ibe given a start, something a lot of us have wanted... if only polititians listened like Mac and Simmo do :wub:

As for Beast starting, thats the one for me, i think all the Martin haters will see how much we need his control , vision and guile, Just my opinion, but i dont think Beast has what it takes to lead our line....

But we'll see wont we :)

Ramage has effectively just said, in his opinion, whatever Mascarell does tonight he will not start on Saturday. 

What's the thoughts on that? I think it's quite ironic after he was praising the fact anyone can win a place in the side. I'd also like to think if Omar does well tonight, he will be in the team come Saturday. 

Ramage has effectively just said, in his opinion, whatever Mascarell does tonight he will not start on Saturday. 

What's the thoughts on that? I think it's quite ironic after he was praising the fact anyone can win a place in the side. I'd also like to think if Omar does well tonight, he will be in the team come Saturday. 

I reckon he has a chance of it, but I always thought it would be best to have Eustace away and Mascarell at home. One is more safe while the other is better on the ball.

I reckon he has a chance of it, but I always thought it would be best to have Eustace away and Mascarell at home. One is more safe while the other is better on the ball.

Doesnt that depend who we are playing , home or away ? Horses for courses and all that ?

Luckily that **** does not pick the team.

Archived