Derby County v Reading

PrivateDerby

Just watched the extended highlights, is it fair to say that's the best our midfield three have played so far this season? 

I noticed that Hughes was much further up the pitch, and judging by the highlights was outstanding. And Bryson, as usual, was threatening around the final third. 

I noticed Steve purposely commented on the link-up play between Mascarell, Hughes and Bryson being very good - I just haven't had the chance to see it yet. 

Also, Roos is a really, really, really bad interviewee. He kept saying 'yeah, yeah, yeah' - worse than bloody Keogh!

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just watched the extended highlights, is it fair to say that's the best our midfield three have played so far this season? 

I noticed that Hughes was much further up the pitch, and judging by the highlights was outstanding. And Bryson, as usual, was threatening around the final third. 

I noticed Steve purposely commented on the link-up play between Mascarell, Hughes and Bryson being very good - I just haven't had the chance to see it yet. 

Also, Roos is a really, really, really bad interviewee. He kept saying 'yeah, yeah, yeah' - worse than bloody Keogh!

At least English is not his first language.

Last few games Hughes has been fantastic, runs the games for us.

I've just wrote out my thoughts, ratings and then the bloody webpage crashed! (I've just watched the 90 minutes on rams player)

Here are my ratings, if anyone wants my reasoning - just ask  :lol:

Roos - 8; Christie - 8, Keogh - 7, Shotton - 7, Forsyth - 7; Mascarell (MOTM) - 8, Hughes - 8, Bryson - 7; Ibe - 8, Russell - 7 Best - 5.

Martin - 6, Dawkins - 6.

For anyone who didn't rate Mascarell's performance, I would highly advise watching the 90 minutes on Rams Player and just keeping a close eye on him. Superb performance, he couldn't have much more. 

I've just wrote out my thoughts, ratings and then the bloody webpage crashed! (I've just watched the 90 minutes on rams player)

Here are my ratings, if anyone wants my reasoning - just ask :lol:

Roos - 8; Christie - 8, Keogh - 7, Shotton - 7, Forsyth - 7; Mascarell (MOTM) - 8, Hughes - 8, Bryson - 7; Ibe - 8, Russell - 7 Best - 5.

Martin - 6, Dawkins - 6.

For anyone who didn't rate Mascarell's performance, I would highly advise watching the 90 minutes on Rams Player and just keeping a close eye on him. Superb performance, he couldn't have much more.

You didn't think he got caught wrong side of the ball a few times then, or was a little weak in 50-50s? Not nit-picking you're assessment btw, just like to hear a different assessment than my own, from someone whos opinion I've come to respect.

Not saying he had a bad game at all, just an easy one to look good in, not convinced he's better than Eustace at the defensive part atm.

You didn't think he got caught wrong side of the ball a few times then, or was a little weak in 50-50s? Not nit-picking you're assessment btw, just like to hear a different assessment than my own, from someone whos opinion I've come to respect.

Not saying he had a bad game at all, just an easy one to look good in, not convinced he's better than Eustace at the defensive part atm.

It's definitely worth watching a bit again. If anything, I thought his defensive movement was better than Eustace - he certainly seemed more switched on for me. 

I noticed him organising the players around him well and he always looked to cover in behind the midfield two and add a 'layer' to the midfield. He didn't have to put many tackles in, but like a guard dog, he ensured there was a protective layer there and made players go out wide. 

I could be wrong, but I feel the reason Keogh and Shotton didn't have a lot of pressure on them was due to the structure he brought to the team. He's an intelligent player, he could do with a bigger challenge though - I agree. 

It's definitely worth watching a bit again. If anything, I thought his defensive movement was better than Eustace - he certainly seemed more switched on for me.

I noticed him organising the players around him well and he always looked to cover in behind the midfield two and add a 'layer' to the midfield. He didn't have to put many tackles in, but like a guard dog, he ensured there was a protective layer there and made players go out wide.

I could be wrong, but I feel the reason Keogh and Shotton didn't have a lot of pressure on them was due to the structure he brought to the team. He's an intelligent player, he could do with a bigger challenge though - I agree.

Used the ball very well, very calm in possession, just need to see it in a league game, spoiled by Gorgeous George I suppose.

Your enthusiasm about Ibe seems spot on, what a player he looks.

Here are my ratings, if anyone wants my reasoning - just ask  :lol:

Martin - 6, Dawkins - 6.

Martin only a 6!?  :huh:

Used the ball very well, very calm in possession, just need to see it in a league game, spoiled by Gorgeous George I suppose.

Your enthusiasm about Ibe seems spot on, what a player he looks.

Yeah, Thorne is a special player - a player that just shouldn't be allowed anywhere near the second tier of any league in the world. Ibe is a player I am confident about for many reasons, he's physical, smart and effective. He'll be an exciting player to watch grow. 

Martin only a 6!?  :huh:

He did well, and effectively created both goals, but he lost the ball an awful lot in the time he was on. In fact, I think he lost it more than he kept it. Without the stats it's difficult to say, but a lot didn't stick for him. If it wasn't for his contribution towards the goals I would have given him a five also. 

Yeah, Thorne is a special player - a player that just shouldn't be allowed anywhere near the second tier of any league in the world. Ibe is a player I am confident about for many reasons, he's physical, smart and effective. He'll be an exciting player to watch grow. 

He did well, and effectively created both goals, but he lost the ball an awful lot in the time he was on. In fact, I think he lost it more than he kept it. Without the stats it's difficult to say, but a lot didn't stick for him. If it wasn't for his contribution towards the goals I would have given him a five also. 

Pain in the arse that WhoScored dont do stats for League cup

Archived