Derby County v Reading

PrivateDerby

Good performance, created plenty of goals coring opportunities and some of the combination play between Hughes, Mascarell and Ibe in the first half was sensational. Christie was excellent again (aside from nearly giving them a goal) along with Keogh. Bryson was excellent in the first half in all areas but did a lot more defensive work and pressing in the second half, I can't remember seeing a player with such a great engine, he never stops running!

Roos 7

Christie 8

Keogh 8

Shotton 7 (felt as though he made a couple of mistakes in the first half when trying to make clearances but otherwise was very good)

Forsyth 7

Mascarell 9 (abseloutely fantastic display, cleared lots at the near post from corners and broke up play very well with numerous interceptions and tackles, kept the ball really well too)

Bryson 8

Hughes 8.5 (took a nasty whack on the foot so I hope he's alright)

Russell 7.5 (took his goal well and generally good delivery from set pieces but I just feel as though he could do more - perhaps unfair)

Ibe 9 (this lad will go far, he has all the tricks in the book, he's strong, he's quick and has a pretty decent shot on him, the only thing that he needs to improve is his decision making on occasion)

Best 4 (felt for him really, nothing he did worked, just one of those days)

Subs:

Martin 7

Eustace N/A (the ball barely ever got near him in the time he was on)

Dawkins 7 (some great play between him, Christie and Martin)

Hope we don't get Liverpool in the next round as Ibe won't be able to play but I'm confident we can go another round at least after the round of 16 if we get a decent draw!

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good stuff JW. So what do you think Saturday:

Whitbread or Shotton

OMG or Eustace

Dawkins or Ibe

I am assuming HUGHES will be fit, and Martin, Ward and Grant will be back

Ibe and Omar have to start playing soon, would be harsh on Dawks to drop him though.

I'd be more comfortable with Shotton than Whitbread in defence.

Hope Hughes is fit, looked like he was struggling when he went off.

Good game.

Credit to Reading who played good football too and were not dirty.

I still fear every away side will do a timewasting, filthy, play acting Wigan on us.

Roos 6

Christie 8

Forsyth 6

Keogh 8

Shotton 6

Mascarell 6

Hughes 8.5

Bryson 6

Russell 7

Best 4

Ibe 8.5

Or summat like.

Agree on all counts Carl, except I would like either another championship team at home, or being selfish an away game in London or Brighton if they get through.

Being selfish, either of them would work for me too! No chance of getting back to town after a night game in Derby...

Good professional performance, created lots of chances, wont be long before we stuff someone.

Roos - 7

Christie - 6.5

keogh - 7

Shotton - 7

Forsyth - 6

Omar - 7

Hughes - 7.5

Bryson - 6

Russell - 7.5

Ibe - 9

Best - 4

Martin - 8

Also, sorry if its already been asked, but what was the alien invasion going on in the first half?

For those at the match,was Roos as quality as he sounded on the radio?

Those at the match didn't hear the radio :-)

Decent saves....particularly from the horrendous christie back pass.

Kicking was a bit bywater if you ask me.

Archived