Derby County v Reading

PrivateDerby

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think we have a solid shot to keep on advancing, especially if the draw works out for us.  I am sure Hull and Wigan fans did not think they would, but look what those teams did. Mac has stated he wants to go as far as possible, and I think we have just as good a chance as any to win it or get there as imo our team is just as good or better as Hull or Wigan when they either won it or got to the final of a cup.

Will not be easy of course, but I do not think it is totally outside the realm of possibility for us to win this Cup.

Little sides first till there are none left for me , make as much dosh as we can .

More than the dosh (which we'd also make from a glamour tie), the longer we progress the more opportunities we have to give all members of the squad a game. It's great tonight that Roos had a home debut,Shotton was tried in central defence, Omar had a full game, and so did Ibe. None of that would have happened if we were out of hte cup.

Shrews at home next for me.

Good game

Best looked very poor to say the least, wasn't impressed at all. Sadly.
Happy for Johnny Russell to get a goal, needs to start scoring more.
Roos looked good in net, great save after the mistake from Cyrus.

Ibe MOTM by a long way. Absolute class. He will start next game no doubt. 

We're gonna win the cup!!!!!  :)  :)

More than the dosh (which we'd also make from a glamour tie), the longer we progress the more opportunities we have to give all members of the squad a game. It's great tonight that Roos had a home debut,Shotton was tried in central defence, Omar had a full game, and so did Ibe. None of that would have happened if we were out of hte cup.

Shrews at home next for me.

Agree on all counts Carl, except I would like either another championship team at home, or being selfish an away game in London or Brighton if they get through.

Shotton, Mascarell and Ibe were the stand-out performances for me. Beat as has been said, had one of those games when nothing went right until McClaren brought Martin on and we went 4-4-2 for a few minutes. Straight away his effectiveness improved as he linked nicely with Martin. Then, with the game safe, the substitutions were a little more conservative. A good game, and overall a confidence-building performance.

A word about Dawkins - he looked much better in the middle.

Pure domination apart from a 15 minute spell between 50-65 mins.

Roos - 6: Shakey at first, only had two saves to make which he did, although the quality of the finishing was very poor.

Christie - 7: Excellent going forward again, made an absolute howler of a pass to their lad who really should have scored.

Shotton - 6: Not much to do, comfortable

Keogh - 6: Not much to do either, few good blocks.

Forsyth - 6: Same again.

Mascarell - 8: Excellent performance, hardly put a foot wrong, made loads of interceptions. Thrice the player Eustace is

Hughes - 8: Ran the show again before he went off injured, incredible vision for those reverse passes he loves to do.

Bryson - 7: Broke up play well, did more defending than attacking.

Ibe - 9 MOTM: This kid is going to be incredible, the run he went on before the Og with 3 players surrounding him was mind blowing, he keeps the ball so well, needs to pass more though.

Best - 4: Did well for the first goal with the flick on but apart from that, utter guff.

Russell - 7: Didn't really offer much until he scored, but it was a great goal. Looked very relieved in his celebration 

Martin - 8: Two assists. Tank.

Dawks and Eustace didn't impact the game as they weren't on long enough.

Pure domination apart from a 15 minute spell between 50-65 mins.

Roos - 6: Shakey at first, only had two saves to make which he did, although the quality of the finishing was very poor.

Christie - 7: Excellent going forward again, made an absolute howler of a pass to their lad who really should have scored.

Shotton - 6: Not much to do, comfortable

Keogh - 6: Not much to do either, few good blocks.

Forsyth - 6: Same again.

Mascarell - 8: Excellent performance, hardly put a foot wrong, made loads of interceptions. Thrice the player Eustace is

Hughes - 8: Ran the show again before he went off injured, incredible vision for those reverse passes he loves to do.

Bryson - 7: Broke up play well, did more defending than attacking.

Ibe - 9 MOTM: This kid is going to be incredible, the run he went on before the Og with 3 players surrounding him was mind blowing, he keeps the ball so well, needs to pass more though.

Best - 4: Did well for the first goal with the flick on but apart from that, utter guff.

Russell - 7: Didn't really offer much until he scored, but it was a great goal. Looked very relieved in his celebration 

Martin - 8: Two assists. Tank.

Dawks and Eustace didn't impact the game as they weren't on long enough.

Good stuff JW. So what do you think Saturday:

Whitbread or Shotton

OMG or Eustace

Dawkins or Ibe

I am assuming HUGHES will be fit, and Martin, Ward and Grant will be back

Archived