Derby County v Reading

PrivateDerby

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Think McClaren will change the front 3 and give them a rest for this game.

Grant, Shotton, Keogh, Whitbread, Forsyth, Eustace, Hughes, Bryson, Ibe, Best, Russell.

Wouldn't be surprised to see someone else start DM, as I cant see Eustace playing 3 games in a week, unless he takes him off at the 60 minute mark.

Going to this one, so hoping for a decent performance.

Almost guarantee Eustace won't be playing, but I said that for the Cardiff and Blackburn game. 

Grant, Shotton, Keogh, Whitbread, Forsyth, Omar, Hughes, Bryson, Ibe, Russell, Best. 

Almost certainly the starting 11. I'd prefer to rest Hughes as he's not fully fit, but if we want to see how Omar slots in, it's likely Hughes plays. I'd also like to give Fozzy a rest, but both Shotton and Naylor would significantly limit our attacking options.

Subs: Roos, Naylor, Martin, Dawkins, Calero, Bunjaku, Thomas

Cup matches are great to get some different players some match time, and I see this happening against the Royals. Cup matches versus league matches are a huge difference to me in terms of how much the players or manager actually care about playing in the cup against if the better team actually wins or not (Wigan winning and Hull getting to the final of cups while finishing terrible in the league table(relegation in Wigan's case) over past few years shows that, as well as Man U losing to MK Dons this season). With that being said Mac is a competitor and I know our players are made up of guys who want to win regardless of the situation.

Reading have been getting better, but I fully expect us to come on in this one and get the win and advance.  We have great young players like Ibe who I expect to start, and this one should be ours for the taking.

For me the starting xi is basically similar to several others:

Grant,Shotton,Keogh,Whitbread,Forsyth

Omar,Hughes,Bryson

Ibe,Russell,Best.

I would not be shocked to see Calero get a start, but do not think he will.

1. See if Shotton can play his self proclaimed best position of centre back.

2. See if Mascarell can beef up his game play a mature role. (Cut out the Hollywood passes and actually tackle and dictate).

3. See Simon Dawkins for 90mins in a central role.

4. See Ibe for a full 90mins.

...................................Grant..............................

Christie...............Keogh..............Shotton..........Forsyth

.................................Mascarell..................................

..............Dawkins.........................Bryson

............Russell.............Best..................Ibe

Subs: Roos - Whitbread - Hughes - Bryson - Martin - Ward - Calero

Almost guarantee Eustace won't be playing, but I said that for the Cardiff and Blackburn game. 

Grant, Shotton, Keogh, Whitbread, Forsyth, Omar, Hughes, Bryson, Ibe, Russell, Best. 

I reckon you've pretty much got the starting line up spot on there.  The only question mark for me would be Shotton or Christie.

I would also be very surprised to see Eustace start, he's performing well enough to keep his place but SM is likely to rest him at some point due to so many games in a short space of time.  Hopefully Mascarell can step up to the plate with a decent performance!

Archived