dirty f****** lansbury

DerbyRam!

I agree with you about the delusional aspect. I got the following message from a Forest supporting mate after the game yesterday

"Typical Derby! Hack down and injure the two most influential Forest players early on, then get a player sent off for a rugby tackle and then complain about the referee! Oh well, we're top of the league! The fact that you have to resort to dirty tactics says it all!"

We weren't shirking any tackles yesterday and it was a very physical game all around with Forest being just as physical as we were yet we are the ones with dirty tactics? Sounds like a case of Wenger-itis to me. :lol:

And didn't Cohen and Reid both get injured without a Derby player near them.

Who's the lightweight side? Who's getting knocked over by a gust of wind or tripping over a blade of grass?

Absolute bollo-x.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That would be why you committed 17 fouls then to our 11 then?

We only committed 17 fouls??????

By the way you pansies have been moaning I would have thought we had committed over 50 fouls. Seen quite a few Forest fans describe us as, "a team of thugs". Amusing to say the least. 

What a classy guy you are. Cohen probably won't play football again after today.

Most stupid comment I have read from a gump - and that's saying something.

Fair enough, obviously I read it wrong.

Still think Hughes is over-rated though and I'm not surprised he doesn't get into your side when you have everyone available. He's been watching too many foreign players on TV the way he goes down and looks at the ref in a 'please sort the bullies out' kind of way.

If he mans up a bit and fills out you might have a potential premier league player on your hands in a few years.

With Hughes it depends who's rating him. We've seen him called the 'next Steven Gerrard' and he's nothing like him in any way at all. We've seen the newspapers sell him to Liverpool about 7 times and then bring Arsenal, City and Barcelona into it... yet we've never had a single bid.

Apart from twitter which is mostly idiots have many Derby fans overrated him? He gets his fair share of criticism on here. While he may not have taken a derby by storm he has had a massive influence on our side since coming in.

Before Hughes we struggled to keep the ball beyond a handful of passes. We weren't a possession side.

When Hughes plays well, we win the possession battle. When he is at his best he links everything together. He's always knitting it all together. Picking smart passes.

How many 19 year olds are doing that? Most 19 year olds playing first team football for their clubs are there for their pace and energy. Their young athleticism. Not for being dictating midfielders.

Also our first choice midfield has never really been settled. Bryson, Hughes and Hendrick aren't often all 100% fit at the same time. It's a bizarre thing that's gone on since McClaren has been here. One of the three is always either injured or in some state of lower match fitness.

Before Hughes we struggled to keep the ball beyond a handful of passes. We weren't a possession side.

When Hughes plays well, we win the possession battle. When he is at his best he links everything together. He's always knitting it all together. Picking smart passes.

How many 19 year olds are doing that? Most 19 year olds playing first team football for their clubs are there for their pace and energy. Their young athleticism. Not for being dictating midfielders.

That's the problem with English view on youth players - are they strong, fast or physically impressive? Look at Calero, the boy is tiny and pretty lightweight. But there is obvious talent, although whether he will get to show it in the 'rough' championship.

Will is classy because he plays his game with composure, despite the other team often having one CM who's job will be to knock him off his rhythm. He is also only 19, still far off reaching his potential, whatever it may be.

Difficult to play though when every time there's a 50/50 you fall over. He's either a diving cheat or he's too slight to hold off fully grown men.

He gives the ref a look every time too. Bit like Ronaldo does in a way that suggests he can't believe someone has the audacity to challenge him. This is professional football Will and you need to man up.

Difficult to play though when every time there's a 50/50 you fall over. He's either a diving cheat or he's too slight to hold off fully grown men.

He gives the ref a look every time too. Bit like Ronaldo does in a way that suggests he can't believe someone has the audacity to challenge him. This is professional football Will and you need to man up.

Luckily, your opinion is irrelevant! Your red tinted view will automatically look for any perceived weaknesses in his game. Plus, unless you are a secret Ram, then you will very rarely see him play.

He gets far fewer decisions than he should purely because of his age. Its a strange mentality in most refs that its ok to penalise a youngster over a more experienced player.

He is currently a better all round player than both Reid and Lansbury, from what i've seen of them, who are the closest type of players (creative mids) that you have to Hughes. And he's still improving. 

We're happy with him.

Most of it is diving. Well sort of, he expects a free kick if he's pushed off the ball without losing the ball. In Europe you probably would get a free kick more than half the time. It's the only thing he does that annoys me. Tbf he often gets the free kick but when he doesn't he's given up the ball far too easily.

He's actually not that weak when it suits him. Ask Joey Barton.

So yeah, he's looking for fouls.

I love Hughes. But he's not the innocent timid talented kid people expect to see. With his slight frame and white hair and being polite in his very rare interviews you don't expect it.

Luckily, your opinion is irrelevant! Your red tinted view will automatically look for any perceived weaknesses in his game. Plus, unless you are a secret Ram, then you will very rarely see him play.

He gets far fewer decisions than he should purely because of his age. Its a strange mentality in most refs that its ok to penalise a youngster over a more experienced player.

He is currently a better all round player than both Reid and Lansbury, from what i've seen of them, who are the closest type of players (creative mids) that you have to Hughes. And he's still improving.

We're happy with him.

You wouldn't agree then Utch that our Will (<3) has just a touch of a sly little fooker in him?

Archived