dirty f****** lansbury

DerbyRam!

Seriously your bias is laughable. WH was so lightweight it was embarrassing. I felt as if the wind turned direction he might fall over.

He'll never make it in the premier league on the performances I've seen of him

Have a look in the mirror then read that back to yourself fella.

<shakes head at the sheer gumpness of it>

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seriously your bias is laughable. WH was so lightweight it was embarrassing. I felt as if the wind turned direction he might fall over.

Hughes is easily a premier league player imo.For Liverpool or someone like that? Not currently,but he would start for several other prem teams or at least play a lot.Name me a Forest midfielder with more promise than him? And Angela Lansbury is not one.

I haven't seen the replays but it's not that hard to vine or record it - let's see who is telling the truth. For what it's worth, Lansbury would probably be the first to admit he's a nasty player - it's in his game, he thrives on it. Lansbury is a player that enjoys the scrappy games, getting his foot stuck in and challenging for bouncing balls. Technically, he isn't the best, but he can sure as hell put up a fight. 

Hughes and Lansbury are different players, Lansbury was left red faced today by the amount of times a Hughes won the personal battles, hence the challenge (I guess) Hughes is a lot more 'clinical' whereas Lansbury is all abrasive.

I haven't seen the replays but it's not that hard to vine or record it - let's see who is telling the truth. For what it's worth, Lansbury would probably be the first to admit he's a nasty player - it's in his game, he thrives on it. Lansbury is a player that enjoys the scrappy games, getting his foot stuck in and challenging for bouncing balls. Technically, he isn't the best, but he can sure as hell put up a fight.

Hughes and Lansbury are different players, Lansbury was left red faced today by the amount of times a Hughes won the personal battles, hence the challenge (I guess) Hughes is a lot more 'clinical' whereas Lansbury is all abrasive.

I agree.No comparing the two in terms of talent and quality imo; Will is way better.Lansbury would not start for us and his aggressiveness I think will really hurt Forest this season.

Its the forest way guys, you can beat them 5-0 and they should of got something out of the game. They probably think Bryson should be booked for hitting that bloke's elbow with his cheek. When I get to work tomorrow it will all be, we should of killed you and we were robbed and so on. tosses' all of em. but I guess we can give them we only had ten men again.

I agree.No comparing the two in terms of talent and quality imo; Will is way better.Lansbury would not start for us and his aggressiveness I think will really hurt Forest this season.

It does help in the Championship though. He's always putting himself about, and he likes a shot. In fact, I can't remember a more wasteful centre-mid when it comes to shooting. But, he does get goals and he does win the ball a lot.

It's the long ball vs short ball argument on a different topic - he's abbrasive playing style is okay in the Championship because there is enough scope for him to waste the ball and have another few bites at the cherry.

Now, imagine if he had signed for Burnley, a team that averages two shots on target a game and just over 40% possession. If you had someone like Lansbury in your team pissing away valuable ball time then you'd go barmy. 

Its the forest way guys, you can beat them 5-0 and they should of got something out of the game. They probably think Bryson should be booked for hitting that bloke's elbow with his cheek. When I get to work tomorrow it will all be, we should of killed you and we were robbed and so on. tosses' all of em. but I guess we can give them we only had ten men again.

I agree mate.Forest are some of the delusional fans I have ever dealt with in any sport.They were so smug coming into this match that this result probably had a lot of them in shock.

I for one like us as Derby fans because I think we essentially as a whole are pretty realistic on how good our squad is and what we can accomplish.If we suck I will admit it and not try to sugarcoat it.Onwards and upwards.

It does help in the Championship though. He's always putting himself about, and he likes a shot. In fact, I can't remember a more wasteful centre-mid when it comes to shooting. But, he does get goals and he does win the ball a lot.

It's the long ball vs short ball argument on a different topic - he's abbrasive playing style is okay in the Championship because there is enough scope for him to waste the ball and have another few bites at the cherry.

Now, imagine if he had signed for Burnley, a team that averages two shots on target a game and just over 40% possession. If you had someone like Lansbury in your team pissing away valuable ball time then you'd go barmy.

Ok yeah you make some good points.He fits Forest and their system but this level of football imo is as good as gets for him.If Forest do magically get promoted he will be outclassed basically every match imo.He is what he is and that is just good enough for Forest right now.

Just saw Will Hughes on the floor in Ripley. Think the wind just picked up.

Think he's been watching La Liga too much...mind you Barcelona have all those dossiers on him don't they? :D

Can you check his back pockets please .... Reid, Lansbury, Cohen, Tesche and Osborn are all still missing

In what way am I making fun of Cohen's injury you tit?  :lol:

I thought that.

You gotta remember that what Forest do best is hunt for the high ground.

I saw Forest fans banging on about Doughty too. Like they want to beat us again for him. Good of them to rewrite history because I'm sure it was them that had the problem with him and us that ever gave a flying fook.

Honestly, they do make up some *****. Leave them to it mate. Cuckoo

I would also pay special mention to Assabalonga, who would have gone for that elbow to Bryson's face.

I do like that referee did his job and stopped the game when players were injured and needed treated, but I have to be honest, there were two reds in that game, and neither of them should have gone to Buxton.

Fair enough, obviously I read it wrong.

Still think Hughes is over-rated though and I'm not surprised he doesn't get into your side when you have everyone available. He's been watching too many foreign players on TV the way he goes down and looks at the ref in a 'please sort the bullies out' kind of way.

If he mans up a bit and fills out you might have a potential premier league player on your hands in a few years.

Fair enough, obviously I read it wrong.

Still think Hughes is over-rated though and I'm not surprised he doesn't get into your side when you have everyone available. He's been watching too many foreign players on TV the way he goes down and looks at the ref in a 'please sort the bullies out' kind of way.

If he mans up a bit and fills out you might have a potential premier league player on your hands in a few years.

Yeah, just like you read the game wrong.

I agree mate.Forest are some of the delusional fans I have ever dealt with in any sport.They were so smug coming into this match that this result probably had a lot of them in shock.

I for one like us as Derby fans because I think we essentially as a whole are pretty realistic on how good our squad is and what we can accomplish.If we suck I will admit it and not try to sugarcoat it.Onwards and upwards.

I agree with you about the delusional aspect.  I got the following message from a Forest supporting mate after the game yesterday 

"Typical Derby! Hack down and injure the two most influential Forest players early on, then get a player sent off for a rugby tackle and then complain about the referee! Oh well, we're top of the league! The fact that you have to resort to dirty tactics says it all!"

We weren't shirking any tackles yesterday and it was a very physical game all around with Forest being just as physical as we were yet we are the ones with dirty tactics? Sounds like a case of Wenger-itis to me.  :lol: 

Of course he looked lightweight when porky fat trotters spent the whole of the first half trying to sit on him. 

Archived