Nottingham Forest v Derby County

Ovis aries

• Replies 505
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Surprised the thread wasn't locked, but PD has been pretty sh*te at getting them up in reasonable time - don't think his heart was in it :D

Tough choices, and it won't be clear who's available and fit and firing until after the players come back from the international break. And there are a fair few of those, by my reckoning:

Forsyth, Keogh, Bryson, Hughes, Martin, Ward, Ibe

Unless he does amazingly for the U20s, Ibe will be on the bench for this one, but could be an exciting option to bring on. Is Bucko going to be fit when by all accounts he wasn't for Ipswich? When do we start to see Mascarell in the first team?

Very glad we're playing them now as we really need to start taking this season seriously before it gets away from us. I reckon it's the last chance saloon for the settled first team and if they're still not at the races, we'll start to see more changes.

My line up would be:-

Grant, Shotton, Keogh, Buxton, Forsyth, Eustace, Bryson, Hughes, Ward, Ibe, Martin

Subs:- Roos, Christie, Whitbread, Mascarell, Dawkins, Best, Russell

I can't see McClaren throwing Mascarell into a game like this for his first start. I'd be very tempted though.

For me Ibe is a must to start. Like another poster said, full back is a weak link for Forest and if he is up against Harding he should have some fun.

If we turn up and play to the level we can play. We will win.

I think we will.

Nottingham Forest 1-3 Derby County

I thought he was first choice, he's started three out of the five league games, hasn't he?

He began the season there due to other players being injured. We're practically back to full strength now so he finds himself behind Lihaj, Fox and possibly even Cohen for that position.

He began the season there due to other players being injured. We're practically back to full strength now so he finds himself behind Lihaj, Fox and possibly even Cohen for that position.

Ah, still, none of those are blessed with pace. I think your full-backs are definitely the part of the team to hit. 

I have only seen Forest play once this season, so don't know how to gauge it. Midfield looks physically strong, and technically good. Assombolonga, I have only seen play once and wasn't impressed but I'm guessing he'll make me eat my words. I like your centre-backs in Hobbs and Mancienne, but I'm hoping Lascelles gets the nod. Darlow strikes me as a liability, but that's based on a handful of appearances. I always liked Antonio, not that I think he's technically good, but in instils fear all the same.

I'm hoping Forest line up something like - Darlow, Hunt, Mancienne, Lascelles, Harding, Cohen, Reid, Lansbury, Antonio, Burke and Assombolonga. 

Hobbs is the name I'd most hate to see on the teamsheet - Burke playing against Forsyth - Antonio up against Christie - Hughes, Bryson, whoever v Cohen, Reid and Lansbury - Martin on Mancienne and Bryson running through on Lascelles. 

We can all dream, eh.  :lol:

I don't imagine Pearce will change up the defence unless there are fitness issues so Hobbs will play, to be fair though as good as he is he's been overshadowed a bit by Mancienne this season who has been arguably our best player so far. Lascelles on the bench possibly with Wilson as he's back now too.

We went 4-5-1 at Wednesday for the first time in the league this season so he may keep it. If not Fryatt will come in for a 4-4-2 but I haven't a clue who would make way, Burke perhaps.

Expected line-up

-----------------------------------Darlow--------------------------------------------

Hunt------------Mancienne-----------------Hobbs--------------------Lihaj

------------------------Cohen-----------Lansbury--------------------------

Burke----------------------------Reid---------------------------Antonio

-----------------------------Assombalonga------------------------------

Subs - any 7 from Fryatt, Veidwijk, Wilson, Vaughan, Tesche, Osborn, Fox, Lascelles, De Vries, Paterson and Harding

Should be a pretty good game, for once both teams look good around the same time.

I don't imagine Pearce will change up the defence unless there are fitness issues so Hobbs will play, to be fair though as good as he is he's been overshadowed a bit by Mancienne this season who has been arguably our best player so far. Lascelles on the bench possibly with Wilson as he's back now too.

We went 4-5-1 at Wednesday for the first time in the league this season so he may keep it. If not Fryatt will come in for a 4-4-2 but I haven't a clue who would make way, Burke perhaps.

Expected line-up

-----------------------------------Darlow--------------------------------------------

Hunt------------Mancienne-----------------Hobbs--------------------Lihaj

------------------------Cohen-----------Lansbury--------------------------

Burke----------------------------Reid---------------------------Antonio

-----------------------------Assombalonga------------------------------

Subs - any 7 from Fryatt, Veidwijk, Wilson, Vaughan, Tesche, Osborn, Fox, Lascelles, De Vries, Paterson and Harding

Should be a pretty good game, for once both teams look good around the same time.

I'd say you're in better form atm, but on paper it looks like two decent sides. I'd take an away point.

Archived