Derby County v Ipswich Town

PrivateDerby

On an amusing note I had a really mad old ******* next to me today, down in the south stand. He kept on screaming 'STICK ON 'IM, JOHNNY' 'STICK ON IM HUGHESY' etc, anytime they had the ball. He did this for 90 minutes and loudly bemoaned when Ipswich made more than 2 passes without us tackling them. He wasn't best pleased with the ref either, kept on screaming 'TAKE HIM OFF REF, YOURA LOADA RUBBISH' 'GET HIM OFF'. I think he thought there were substitute refs. His favourite thing to say was 'that Martin wants taking off he does, he's got no pace or nurrin' and he continued to slander Martin throughout the game, crying out for them to bring Best on. But then came one of my proudest moments as a football fan, after he had finished a tirade of Martin based abuse I loudly said 'yeah, Martin, when was the last time you scored, ya *****' to the laughter of everyone else around him who were equally fed up.

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The atmosphere was electric in the south stand for the first 25 minutes as well, and then everyone seemed to tire themselves out so it went silent for the rest of the first half and the majority of the second half. What the hell happened with that?  :lol:

Unpacked their sandwiches.

Bryson and Bucko need dropping, the latter needs another kick up the arse... (incoming) ... Now i'll run to the exit door.  :o

I reckon he was playing thro the pain.

ps too much of a long queue for south stand at 5 to 3!!

Where do you sit?I thought that queue was for the upper SW corner Gordon Guthrie stand. We sit right against the white edge wall in SS lower (as you look at the pitch) and we walked straight in at 5 mins to KO.

Just like last season. We are failing to win games, and maintain consistency.

We have 1 less point than this time last season, wonder if SM will be under pressure yet.

We were on 7 points this time last season and we're now on 8...

August 2013:

Blackburn 1-1 D

Brighton 2-1 W

Leicester 0-1 L

Yeovil 3-0 W

Burnley 0-3 L

Just like last season. We are failing to win games, and maintain consistency.

We have 1 less point than this time last season, wonder if SM will be under pressure yet.

Incorrect. We have 8 pts now and 7 this time last season after 5 games:

Derby County 1

We were on 7 points this time last season and we're now on 8...

August 2013:

Blackburn 1-1 D

Brighton 2-1 W

Leicester 0-1 L

Yeovil 3-0 W

Burnley 0-3 L

yep what he said!

I reckon he was playing thro the pain.

If he (Buxton) was, he should be fined by the Club. We had two able Defenders who could have started before him so he could have a good rest up for over 2 weeks. It would have also freed up a place on the bench for an attacking option.

On an amusing note I had a really mad old ******* next to me today, down in the south stand. He kept on screaming 'STICK ON 'IM, JOHNNY' 'STICK ON IM HUGHESY' etc, anytime they had the ball. He did this for 90 minutes and loudly bemoaned when Ipswich made more than 2 passes without us tackling them. He wasn't best pleased with the ref either, kept on screaming 'TAKE HIM OFF REF, YOURA LOADA RUBBISH' 'GET HIM OFF'. I think he thought there were substitute refs. His favourite thing to say was 'that Martin wants taking off he does, he's got no pace or nurrin' and he continued to slander Martin throughout the game, crying out for them to bring Best on. But then came one of my proudest moments as a football fan, after he had finished a tirade of Martin based abuse I loudly said 'yeah, Martin, when was the last time you scored, ya *****' to the laughter of everyone else around him who were equally fed up.

I have a similar Martin hater behind me. Every time Martin goes down, whether he's been mauled or dived, the guy says "This is what I hate about him, goes down for everything". This is his pre-programmed response, Martin gets taken out by a sniper and my mate behind will be up in arms about diving.

My favourite part of his stupid ramblings was when Martin went down from a challenge with Berra. Ref didn't give anything and everyone starts to boo the ref. The guy pipes up with "Maybe if you got off your arse, people would stop booing you".

This is the same guy that said last week that Martin was a one season wonder.

Archived