Under 21s & Academy 14/15

-JW-

• Replies 744
  • Created
  • Last Reply

7-1! Easy passage to the next round then..

Guy

Koblenz x2

McDonald

Thomas

Bunjaku x2

Fknl i was going to go to this.

Then my boss called a friggin meeting for 1.00 oclock.

only to then cancel it at the last minute.

George Thorne 2, The Return.

I went to this match and boy was I glad that I did. Thorne looked in such good condition when he walked on the pitch that it took your breath away. If you thought he looked fit last season, you need to see him now. He looks like the perfect specimen, the guy that you do not want to play against. He walked on the field like he owned it. he played for 45 minutes as planned and gave a masterpiece of an interview. He is a clever lad with a Captain sign flashing on his forehead. He misdirected the ball once, I think. He was always free to receive the ball and cleverly dodged a couple of unnecessary tackles. He decided the tempo of the game and showed some very nice touches and excellent passes. he controls half the field. he did not run about too much, he was mainly in cruise control. Derby more or less controlled the first half and were good value for a 2-1 lead. This side look more and more polished, but very committed to win. When George went off in one piece everyone was relieved. His interview told us that he was nervous at first, until he got on the pitch, then fine. He said that he was delighted with the way things had gone. Sewankambo only lasted a few minutes and was taken away on the golf trolley much to his and my disappointment. I was expecting much of the same in the second half. I was somewhat wrong to think that. Second half was welcome to the U21 Blitzkreig. A massive increase in tempo and desire to win every ball brought a lot of fruit. They applied pressure that made the Fulham 5-2 look tame. this pressure gave five more goals and there could have been at least another three. They were shell shocked and the Young Rams, if trying to impress, certainly did so. It looked like men against the kindergarten. When Stoke trooped off, they looked stunned as in 'What happened there'. The usual suspects of Steve, Sam and co. were there. jimmy Floyd, Geraint Williams and the son of an ex goalkeeper called ? Oxford from the 50's. Best thing that I can say is get down there if you can. Goals - Guy, Koblenz x2, McDonald, Thomas, Bunjaku x2

Thorne was at fault for their goal. No seriously, he was.

Looked off pace but his talents are the type that you don't lose overnight. Bossed the midfield but couldn't keep up with the pace sometimes. Other than losing the ball at the back to the striker who strolled past him and buried their goal, he was quite good.

Calero is a winger. He played on the wing. He was good on the wing, he got down the byline, he crossed the ball from the wing. He is a winger. Shut up with this nonsense.

Koblenz was MOTM in this for me. Just unstoppable. I enjoyed this game almost as much as the Blackburn game tonight.

Johnny Russell was stood next to me at one point, then Sean O'Driscoll in the second half. No idea who he's considering calling up to the U19s but I wouldn't wager it was a Stoke player based on that performance.

U21s v Stoke - Team Jonathon Mitchell, Isak Ssewankambo (Hanson 13), Rhys Sharpe, George  Thorne (Bunjaku46), Farend Rawson, Tom Naylor, Alefe Santos, Tom Koblenz, Kwame Thomas,(Shaquille McDonald 73)     Callum Guy, Ivan Calero, Other subs Behrens( Gk), Lowe

Goalscorers- Callum Guy -5. Tom Koblenz 37 & 56, Alban Bunjaku 71 & 77, McDonald 75.

No one had a bad game. Obvious that Hasselbaink is mentoring Calero

McClaren was at this match, saw Thorne come through unscathed and a 7-1 win, followed by 2-0 tonight with Plan b being revealed at last as Plan Bent. They were not easy goals to score. I forecast that Bent would get ten goals this season. I may have to revise that upwards as the guy looks determined to re-launch his career big time!!!!

George Thorne 2, The Return.

I went to this match and boy was I glad that I did. Thorne looked in such good condition when he walked on the pitch that it took your breath away. If you thought he looked fit last season, you need to see him now. He looks like the perfect specimen, the guy that you do not want to play against. He walked on the field like he owned it. he played for 45 minutes as planned and gave a masterpiece of an interview. He is a clever lad with a Captain sign flashing on his forehead. He misdirected the ball once, I think. He was always free to receive the ball and cleverly dodged a couple of unnecessary tackles. He decided the tempo of the game and showed some very nice touches and excellent passes. he controls half the field. he did not run about too much, he was mainly in cruise control. Derby more or less controlled the first half and were good value for a 2-1 lead. This side look more and more polished, but very committed to win. When George went off in one piece everyone was relieved. His interview told us that he was nervous at first, until he got on the pitch, then fine. He said that he was delighted with the way things had gone. Sewankambo only lasted a few minutes and was taken away on the golf trolley much to his and my disappointment. I was expecting much of the same in the second half. I was somewhat wrong to think that. Second half was welcome to the U21 Blitzkreig. A massive increase in tempo and desire to win every ball brought a lot of fruit. They applied pressure that made the Fulham 5-2 look tame. this pressure gave five more goals and there could have been at least another three. They were shell shocked and the Young Rams, if trying to impress, certainly did so. It looked like men against the kindergarten. When Stoke trooped off, they looked stunned as in 'What happened there'. The usual suspects of Steve, Sam and co. were there. jimmy Floyd, Geraint Williams and the son of an ex goalkeeper called ? Oxford from the 50's. Best thing that I can say is get down there if you can. Goals - Guy, Koblenz x2, McDonald, Thomas, Bunjaku x2

Lovely post Rampage, even if it did start with the gayest opening lines in forum history! A career in homo-erotic fiction is yours for the taking.

Calero and Sharpe tore it up on the left side. Santos and (can't think who the RB was) were even better. Callum Guy in the middle too.

This was my first time watching the U21s live, but I can say that they are all incredible prospects. Are they consistent every week? Another question. But assuming this was them all at their best, I can say that they all have amazing ability there. The future is bright (well it would seem like that after a 7-1 win!)

Re - Lovely post Rampage, even if it did start with the gayest opening lines in forum history! A career in homo-erotic fiction is yours for the taking.    

I start my new career at the London Palladium next Friday with a two week introductory contract. I love writing, but point well made and taken. It is the only career suggestion that I have been given since retiring. I have already written a 240 page book. My brother and sister have also written books, so keep the suggestions coming. If I write a million seller, you will be credited in the preface for sure, reveldevil. COYR

I had somehow expected George to be fatter and out of shape. He has lost about a stone and looks like he has been in the gym for seven months. He looks more fearsome than Rawson who most people would talk very carefully to. The contrast in build between him and Omar is amazing. You would be looking for alternative ways of getting through mid field rather  than taking him on, I can tell you. I honestly believe that if he had played against Forest we would have won the game. He plays too many accurate passes to need to run about all day.  I think that the U21s could hold their own in Division ! if no injuries. Koblenz is the next George Thorne. When George goes for

Tombo, if you were standing near Russell then you were ten feet away from Rampage. I was next to Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink. What a great match to watch. We play Stoke again on Monday at St George's Park in Burton, KO 6.30 pm. The place is fantastic and should be at a cost of

Re - This was my first time watching the U21s live, but I can say that they are all incredible prospects. Are they consistent every week? Another question.

They are getting better individually all the time and they are increasingly gelling as a unit. Steve McClaren was very excited about their performance against Sunderland in the Cup.

Re - Lovely post Rampage, even if it did start with the gayest opening lines in forum history! A career in homo-erotic fiction is yours for the taking.    

I start my new career at the London Palladium next Friday with a two week introductory contract. I love writing, but point well made and taken. It is the only career suggestion that I have been given since retiring. I have already written a 240 page book. My brother and sister have also written books, so keep the suggestions coming. If I write a million seller, you will be credited in the preface for sure, reveldevil. COYR

I had somehow expected George to be fatter and out of shape. He has lost about a stone and looks like he has been in the gym for seven months. He looks more fearsome than Rawson who most people would talk very carefully to. The contrast in build between him and Omar is amazing. You would be looking for alternative ways of getting through mid field rather  than taking him on, I can tell you. I honestly believe that if he had played against Forest we would have won the game. He plays too many accurate passes to need to run about all day.  I think that the U21s could hold their own in Division ! if no injuries. Koblenz is the next George Thorne. When George goes for

Ssewankambo has had surgery today apparently.

Re - This was my first time watching the U21s live, but I can say that they are all incredible prospects. Are they consistent every week? Another question.
They are getting better individually all the time and they are increasingly gelling as a unit. Steve McClaren was very excited about their performance against Sunderland in the Cup.

I asked the question a few pages back, how do you go about watching the U21's at 'the Farm'?

Can you just turn up or do you have to make contact in advance?

RicME85 - Just turn up a little early at the moor and tell them that you have come to watch the game.

Monday's game at Burton St Georges Park is at 6.30pm and is also available on the same basis. The drive from the gate to the pitch is one mile, I jest not. Both are free. Take a hot drink in a flask and wrap up well, trust me on that one.

Archived