Best TV Dramas

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Almost finished 'Bloodline'. A Netflix original.

A good watch, with some great characters. I've found the storyline somewhat confusing though in parts though.

Anyone seen it?

Hopefully be checking it out next, but I finished watching both Daredevil and Marco Polo on Netflix. Both were good, Marco Polo was excellent. Really really enjoyed it. 

The actor who plays Kublai Khan, Benedict Wong, I'd only ever seen playing a shy flat-mate in Sean Lock's sitcom 15 Storeys High (which is also good) - so it was a bit of a character switch. He's superb though.

In Daredevil, the most impressive element was the actor who plays Kingpin (or Wilson Fisk as that's the only name he goes by in the show) but generally the whole show was well done. The fights were brilliantly choreographed and shot, like an old school martial arts movie.

I prefer Trudy and Suzanne. I understand the Joan obsession but she's not for me. 

trudy-campbell-sterling-cooper-party-dresuzanne-farrell-lg.jpg

Seeing as I've never watched Mad Men I'm assuming Trudy is the first pic?  If so you should really check out Community on Netflix cus Not only is is funny as hell but Alison Brie looks amazing in pretty much every episode...

Alison Brie jt1nqu.gif.pagespeed.ce.w94MGjMb3y.gif

Community started well and drifted off towards the end. Havent watched any of the stuff since it left tv and got picked up by Yahoo.

Another show people should watch is Manhattan, a drama about the Manhattan Project.

Have started watching The Astronauts Wives Club, tells the story of the wives of the Mercury Seven astronauts.

A good watch, with some great characters. I've found the storyline somewhat confusing though in parts though.

Anyone seen it?

They probably used 'though' too many times in a their sentences. That always confuses me :)

Anyway, I'm throwing 'Tyrant' out there. The story of an ordinary American paediatrician who happens to be the prodigal son of an Arabian dynastic family, like the Husseins, and he eventually has to go back and clean up the mess his psycho brother makes. It's good stuff. It was on Fox for a bit, but now I can't find the second series anywhere but on the net.

I don't know if it's getting a bit daft now he's transformed into a freedom fighter leading a people's rebellion against an ISIS like invasion of Islamist extremists. I kind of like it though.

Wolf Hall, been sat on the Tivo for 6 months till I gave it a whirl, quite honestly one of the best things I've ever watched.

Know absolutely nothing about, and had no interest in Henry VIII,  but this series was quite brilliant.

All the cast give strong performances, but Mark Rylance in particular is mesmerising,  I couldn't take my eyes of him.

Wolf Hall, been sat on the Tivo for 6 months till I gave it a whirl, quite honestly one of the best things I've ever watched.

Know absolutely nothing about, and had no interest in Henry VIII,  but this series was quite brilliant.

All the cast give strong performances, but Mark Rylance in particular is mesmerising,  I couldn't take my eyes of him.

Yes I thought it quite good as well.Had reservations about it at first due to loving the books and not sure how the show would be,but it way did the books justice.

Yes I thought it quite good as well.Had reservations about it at first due to loving the books and not sure how the show would be,but it way did the books justice.

I'm a heathen and haven't read the books, now my wife's trying to get me to watch 'A man for all Season's', to get a different perspective.

I've fallen behind with True Detective season 2 after going on holiday, but at least I can now watch them all in one go. Got 5 episodes left.

To anyone who has watched all of season 2 - is it any good?

I have watched all of season 2 and while it is ok overall,has nothing on season 1.Finale is tonight.

Anyone seen it?

Woeful.

Which was annoying, because I like the main character as an actor... he was great in Friday Night Lights.

Woeful.

Which was annoying, because I like the main character as an actor... he was great in Friday Night Lights.

Finished it today. Pretty poor ending.

Been confirmed that there's going to be a season 2 as well, but I can't see for the life of me how the producers can carry it forward. It had potential with some good actors in it, but I was constantly waiting for it to take off but never did.

Kyle Chandler? I agree, he's played some good parts.

Anybody else watching black sails, I thought it would be carp as its on history channel, but I'm really liking it so far 

got it sky plus see for s binge when I get some time. Can't knock the history channel, they did Vikings as well, which I never got round to seeing, but it looked pretty good.

Has anyone watched Peaky Blinders, I watched the first episode last night and I wasn't gripped. Possibly as my wife kept reminding me that she didn't enjoy their accents... Wondering if it's worth perceiving with it? The IMDB ratings are 8.8/10...

Archived