Sammon - seen as an option for either side of Martin/Best

IlsonDerby

During an article about Bennett's need to go out on loan it is said that Sammon is seen as being able to do a job in the wide forward roles. Reading between the lines does this mean that unless Sammon goes we won't be bringing in a new winger? 

"...Bennett finds himself behind Johnny Russell, Simon Dawkins and Jamie Ward in the battle for the two wide positions in a 4-3-3 formation.

Derby also believe striker Conor Sammon can operate out wide, while new loan signing Leon Best also adds to the attacking options.

First-team coach Paul Simpson has said:

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think they mean he can start there. As much as we slate Sammon, if you were the manager of the opposition, you've used all three substitutes trying to get back into the game after we've been knocking it about for 80 minutes, and then we unleash Sammon on your knackered full-back...you're going to be sh1tting it.

Just imagine it, one of their full backs in the corner with the ball, and a gallivanting shiny-headed giraffe steams his way in. All we need to do is send Fozzy in there with him to pick up the pieces of whatever comes out of the scramble, and whip in a peach to Martin.

Should be a tactician, me.

I don't think they mean he can start there. As much as we slate Sammon, if you were the manager of the opposition, you've used all three substitutes trying to get back into the game after we've been knocking it about for 80 minutes, and then we unleash Sammon on your knackered full-back...you're going to be sh1tting it.

Just imagine it, one of their full backs in the corner with the ball, and a gallivanting shiny-headed giraffe steams his way in. All we need to do is send Fozzy in there with him to pick up the pieces of whatever comes out of the scramble, and whip in a peach to Martin.

Should be a tactician, me.

Maybe we should try putting him on eBay and using that as the description.

Thing I wonder with Sammon is if having him around is good for the squad as a whole since in the past the rest of the squad seem to love him. There's a lot of new faces and he's been here for a good while perhaps having him around just adds to the stability and ethos of the squad?

Thing I wonder with Sammon is if having him around is good for the squad as a whole since in the past the rest of the squad seem to love him. There's a lot of new faces and he's been here for a good while perhaps having him around just adds to the stability and ethos of the squad?

There is something in this, but as much as I take the pi%% I really do hope this guy gets a move (even on loan up to Jan) that gives him some proper game time in a team set up to suit his style.

Rammell big time. I have really supported him but cherry on the cake was Barnsley away. He did some good work to get ball in the corner nr the end of the match. He did a couple of step overs and duly mis hit the ball in to the stand. I could have done a zillion times better.

Just hasnt worked out and we and he need to move on. Peterboro need a striker......

Archived