Confirmed: Liverpool's Andre Wisdoms signs on a season-long youth loan

Derbyram1

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Also, the comment above.

Buxton is the better defender, better in the air...etc

Keogh was needed for his agility and pace - now Wisdom has that. 

I understand it's unlikely but Buxton would be better with Wisdom than Keogh IMO

The only game we've had without Keogh this season, we conceded 4 goals (3 aerially) and it was the most fragile I've ever seen us. The only variable was Keogh.

I said this to the person I sat next to at that game... I'd love to replay that exact game if Keogh wasn't suspended and see what the result would be.

The only game we've had without Keogh this season, we conceded 4 goals (3 aerially) and it was the most fragile I've ever seen us. The only variable was Keogh.

I said this to the person I sat next to at that game... I'd love to replay that exact game if Keogh wasn't suspended and see what the result would be.

4-5  :lol:

Ha. In all honesty, Keogh has managed 3/4 okay games this season. The rest he has been awful in. 

Why not play Keogh RB, and Wisdom and Bucko CB ?

Id rather eat faeces than see Keogh at right back. Yes he may have played there years ago but he has no where near the pace, control or wherewithal to play there now. Far too gangly and ungainly. Our attacking threat would go out the window. One of the first moves SMc made was to move Smith and Forsyth further up the pitch when attacking. Keogh couldn't do that.

4-5  :lol:

Ha. In all honesty, Keogh has managed 3/4 okay games this season. The rest he has been awful in. 

Oh yeah, definitely. My point was that I think he's better in the air than Buxton and I would have fancied him to have dealt with at least one of their crosses which led to a goal.

It's interesting seeing the fans' opinions on the CB situation though. I think we've had a lot of "trends", especially on this forum. First of all, we had the "everything's Buxton's fault" bandwagon, which was a very popular opinion. And, then, we had a counter movement, which stuck up for Buxton and blamed Keogh. And, now, most people just think they're both as bad as each other :lol:

3 at the back - Wisdom Keogh Whitbread - gets rid of the 2 ***** full backs atm

Only works with wing backs. We have no one who could play wing back other than Smith and Forsyth - the two players you are trying to eliminate anyway.

The one problem people have with our full backs is that they haven't been good enough going forward, yet people want to put a CB at RB? That's like when Clough would put Bryson at LM in a 4-4-2 so he could keep that nice solid formation but keep his favourites in the team.

Going from suggestion on this forum we could line up with

Whitbread-Buxton-Keogh-Wisdom

I despise CB's at full back, much rather have an out of form Adam Smith than Wisdom (and did someone REALLY say Keogh at RB) at RB. Same goes for Forsyth at LB.

Forsyth-Keogh-Wisdom-Smith

And none of this LCB/RCB ********, it makes little to no difference.

In a different transfer thread someone mentioned that the coaching staff were at the Liverpool v spurs u21 game a few weeks back. I guess they were watching him.

I can't be arsed to read the last few pages but has anything been mentioned about his wages??

Any idea what he's on and how much we are contributing?

Rush said Wisdoms wages would put him in the top 10 earners in The Championship. Did not say how much Derby were contributing.

Archived