Confirmed: Liverpool's Andre Wisdoms signs on a season-long youth loan

Derbyram1

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

S'Mac - “Andre is a very good and a promising player who we’re delighted to welcome to Derby County.

“Liverpool obviously think a lot of him but he’s at the stage of his development where he needs to play some first-team games, and we’re delighted they see Derby as the place to do that.

“We’ve had a few injuries in defence of late and Andre will bring extra qualities as well as more competition for places, which is always welcome.”

Delighted with the season long loan.

I think he could be to us what Caulker was to Swansea during their promotion (not saying we're going to get promotion) but we're a much better side with him in (on the face of it)

Caulker wasn't there in the promotion season, but he played a big part in their initial survival in their first PL season.

Found this paragraph funny from the OS:

"Leeds-born Wisdom is a graduate of the Liverpool Academy which has produced a number of top stars in recent years, including Liverpool and England captain Steven Gerrard."

What is recent, 16 years is not recent in Football terms IMO.

Found this paragraph funny from the OS:

"Leeds-born Wisdom is a graduate of the Liverpool Academy which has produced a number of top stars in recent years, including Liverpool and England captain Steven Gerrard."

I like how it only gives one example too :lol:

I would have put this :

He is a product of the Liverpool academy which produced another CB who could play RB, just like Andre, who is also currently the best pundit on British TV, Mr Jamie Carragher.

Is that the same Mr Carragher who raises his voice by 12 octaves when talking about bad defending?

Can't stand him.

Bucko's Derby days are numbered.

Just watched the Simmo interview, I like Simmo by the way, he comes across very well. Despite his best efforts to mention Wisdom may have to wait for his chance, this lad has come to play games and he's come to play games as a footballing centre half.

I'd say Wisdom is nailed on to play centre half on Saturday and Jake is effectively now a bench player.

Woudn't be at all surprised to see that Derby are open to letting him go on out loan, especially if NC gets the United job.

Good Luck though to Wisdom, I've heard a lot of good things about him. He's supposed to have a really big future ahead of him.

Archived