Sports Direct: Newcastle Utd to battle it out with fellow Prem clubs to sign Hughes

CornwallRam

Newcastle United will battle it out with some of their Premier League rivals for the signature of Derby County midfielder Will Hughes, Football Direct News understands.

Magpies boss Alan Pardew believes the youngster has the potential to replace playmaker Yohan Cabaye, who left St James’s Park for French champions Paris Saint-Germain towards the end of the January transfer window.

Pardew was unsuccessful with a deadline day loan bid for Manchester City midfielder Jack Rodwell, who he saw as a stop-gap until the end of the current campaign.

Hughes is viewed as a long-term option and Newcastle are believed to be willing to rival offers from the likes of Liverpool and City.

Derby teenager Hughes is one of the brightest talents outside the top flight and he has been on the radar of top-flight clubs for some time.

Derby are challenging for promotion this term and would hold out for at least £12million for the 18-year-old.

http://www.sportsdirectnews.com/newcastle-united-fc-transfer-news/40167-magpies-to-swoop-for-midfield-man.php

Are they suggesting at the end of the season or on emergency loan becoming permanent? If it's the former there is little point in them even considering Will until we know what division we will be in. He needs to be in the PL next season and if we go up the best place for him is at Derby County. If they want him now we are in such a position of strength for any negotiation that it would take fantasy amounts to even temt Mr Rush to say yes.

Al in all I'd suggest that this is very poor journalistic speculation.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sports Direct are notorious liars.

I can't use anything they put in my articles, even quotes - they had to apologise to Rooney because of a quote they've used before...etc 

I'm sure Newcastle are interested, as will be Arsenal, Tottenham, Liverpool, Sunderland, Chelsea...etc in the end, it's who is willing to pay what we want.

No team in England will not be interested in a player that broke the England U21s aged just 17. Even if he is underwhelming at times, the potential is massive.

What? Playing every week for Derby and being an inspirational member of a team that's pushing for promotion is better than sitting on the bench for Newliverarsepool Cityunited?

Thanks Gareth.

When I was about 8 I supported Arsenal and my mate supported Blackburn. We used to play 2 on 2 in the playground and our team was called ArseBurn. There were no obvious homosexual undertones.

Probably more pc than the alternative of BlackArse.

Aaanyway... that Hughes guy, I like him, think he might be a decent player one day.

What does everyone else think?

When I was about 8 I supported Arsenal and my mate supported Blackburn. We used to play 2 on 2 in the playground and our team was called ArseBurn. There were no obvious homosexual undertones.

Probably more pc than the alternative of BlackArse.

Aaanyway... that Hughes guy, I like him, think he might be a decent player one day.

What does everyone else think?

The boys on the other team supported ssausagehorpe and man utd and they were called...

Archived