Bamford on loan, Wolves and Boro also interested - Express & Star

Walsall_Ram

Much rather have him her banging them inoff the bench than for a rival. This is a bit balls. He has massive floors but over a season I think he'd be good for 10 points or so from the bench quite easily, we're a worse squad without him in it IMO.

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I disagree. I don't think he has 'massive flaws'. He brings a touch of class on the ball and if he just rationalised an readjusted his aims he'd be great. I can imagine if we got promoted and signed him permanently, his work ethic would improve, as would his ability.

He'd be a great option on the wing and down the centre, just so long as he wanted to play for Derby, and not Chelski.

So if we do go up, I'd want him!

I disagree. I don't think he has 'massive flaws'. He brings a touch of class on the ball and if he just rationalised an readjusted his aims he'd be great. I can imagine if we got promoted and signed him permanently, his work ethic would improve, as would his ability.

He'd be a great option on the wing and down the centre, just so long as he wanted to play for Derby, and not Chelski.

So if we do go up, I'd want him!

Have you seen his house? Believe me he has massive floors...

• 2 weeks later...

I really don't understand why some fans want him back?

Yes he scored a couple of top class goals but in the main he wasn't great.

So many games where he was just a passenger and offered us nothing.

The lad thinks he is a lot better than what he is.

Much better options out there for us.

Most top class out and out goalscorers can look a bit ineffectual at times...and so it proved with Bamford towards the end of his stay.

It is when a chance falls to them that they can be judged most of all - and Bamford certainly knows how to do the business in front of goal. That said - his physical makeup is the one thing currently letting him down.

The lad will dip his bread at the very top level one day...but for us, it is time to move on.

In terms of the current Championship - I think Best will prove a more dominant presence for our cause so long as he is right mentally.. 

He's a great finisher but as other posters have said, it's like playing with ten at times. He is a languid mover and has a casual approach to the game. He doesn't seem to appreciate the importance of a missed pass or tackle and that places extra work on others. However, we do sometimes have a problem around the box when teams play deep against us. He is capable of that piece of magic which can get beyond the defence.

I remember Lupoli being a similar conundrum.

It is a great point about Lupoli ... although I think the Italian was more explosive on his day.

Bamford is an out and out finisher rather than a flair player... but in similar terms to Lupol - Bamford needs to work on certain aspects of team play if he is to avoid a similar career drift.

The lad will dip his bread at the very top level one day...but for us, it is time to move on.

He'll end up a bit like like Jermain Defoe IMO - a succession of decent-ish clubs will take a punt on him because of his goal-scoring record, eventually figure out he doesn't fit their system (because he only really works as a second striker, and most clubs play some variation of 1 up front now-a-days), at which point he'll end up on the bench and eventually move on.

If Bamford wants to play up top, let him go elsewhere. I'd rather play a road cone in the lone striker role. However, as a winger, I'd have him back.

He's not a number 9, far from it. He's a good footballer and will score goals, however, he's much better outwide where he hasn't got a defender breathing down his neck. 

No worries my friend. By the way I am your Bank Manager. We have had a bit of a admin mix-up here at the Branch (what are we like) and we would be really grateful if you could please remind us of your account and sort code number, your 6 figure memorable online number, your mother's maiden name and the name of your first pet. The only thing we have recorded here is that your favourite sports team is Derby County.

Your PIN as well and let us know when we can collect your credit and debit cards.

I really am confused about Digger now.

Last I heard he was on loan to Boro for the season.

If he's up for sale we might pursue him.

If he's available on loan we might want him.

BUT if he thinks he's better than his team-mates he can stay away and not play for the Rams.

We are a team who neither want nor need overpaid stars and prima donnas who upset the dynamics of the team.

Yes, they may snatch goals and occasionally win matches by moments of sheer genius, but does this outweigh the demoralising effect they can have on less gifted but better team players?

I think not.

Archived