Bamford on loan, Wolves and Boro also interested - Express & Star

Walsall_Ram

How come youre so sure? I honestly think he would make the most of any first team game time he can get to perhaps prove himself, which would work in our favour

You're right, he could come here and score 15 goals from the wing. He could, but it's very unlikely. If he was sulking at Cardiff, imagine what he would be doing here. It's a no from me

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How is that in any way different to Bamford? The only difference is Zaha's 'flashes of brilliance' are of a higher quality than Bamford's...

Absolute nonsense. Zaha's brilliance is a pointless trick on the half way line and then a decent ball into the box. Bamford's was a fantastic finish. Zaha sulks, Bamford is lazy. There's a difference

How is that in any way different to Bamford? The only difference is Zaha's 'flashes of brilliance' are of a higher quality than Bamford's...

I disagree... Bamford's 'moments of brilliance' include at least 2 winners out of nowhere...

However it would be interesting to see Zaha playing alongside the array of talent we have in our side.

Bamford's goals were a real plus, but the only plus as far as I'm concerned (sounds daft I know). The rest of the team carried him for too many of his minutes on the pitch....he's a luxury who will have a place in other teams but he's not what Derby need (back). Although he's better than the current options, he's still not yet good enough to be a genuine CF/striker to push or replace Martin if he becomes injured. More likely he could challenge some of our current wide players, but he's not got the all-round work rate.

Dunno about Zaha, I've only seen snapshots like most of us (I'm guessing) have - but what I've seen has been impressive or very promising......I take there is no actual basis for thinking we may get him?

I disagree... Bamford's 'moments of brilliance' include at least 2 winners out of nowhere...

However it would be interesting to see Zaha playing alongside the array of talent we have in our side.

And Zaha's would create a chance out of nowhere, similiar in impact on the game, not playing style.

Zaha in our side would be immense.         Russell-Martin-Zaha is Premier League quality in my opinion.

Bamford scored 25 goals in 51 games in all competitions last season. Zaha has only ever scored 13 in his entire career. That's how he's different.

What all the talk about Zaha?

Zaha could be very good if he stopped dancing and sulking and showing off. Like Ronaldo years ago and Neymar at times, he seems to think people have turned up to watch him. As soon as he realises that he's not on a playground then he's got great attributes.

I know it's nice to see players enjoying themselves but he needs to learn when and where. A manager like Ferguson would be great like he was for Ronaldo. Needs some discipline.

But we've never been linked with him?

What all the talk about Zaha?

Zaha could be very good if he stopped dancing and sulking and showing off. Like Ronaldo years ago and Neymar at times, he seems to think people have turned up to watch him. As soon as he realises that he's not on a playground then he's got great attributes.

I know it's nice to see players enjoying themselves but he needs to learn when and where. A manager like Ferguson would be great like he was for Ronaldo. Needs some discipline.

But we've never been linked with him?

Someone happened to mention that he'd be good if we could get him on loan, but also said it's unlikely.

Then it turned into a debate about how crap he is, and some people said he'd be better than Bamford.

I would have Bamford back on loan anytime.He was a great impact player and had an additional bit of quality to score goals when were weren't playing particularly well-for example when we beat Brighton at home in January due to Bamford's goal on 80 minutes.He can only improve!

Bamford scored 25 goals in 51 games in all competitions last season. Zaha has only ever scored 13 in his entire career. That's how he's different.

I meant similar in impact ie. he can have a quiet game but produce one moment of brilliance that can win a game, in Zaha's case it would be assists rather than goals though.

So basically, what we're looking for is someone who can provide around 15 goals from the wing like Bamford, with the speed of Zaha, the trickery of GMS, can switch to the middle when necessary to cover for Martin with the same ability to score goals and provide for others,. He's got to be able to track back when we haven't got the ball also. He's got to cost around 500k, but we can perhaps stretch to 700, and his wages need to be around 5k a week.

I recon that Chris Evans may have his work cut out, but then again if he can pull it off.....

I meant similar in impact ie. he can have a quiet game but produce one moment of brilliance that can win a game, in Zaha's case it would be assists rather than goals though.

In his best Championship season, he got 8 goals and 9 assists. In 49 games.

Just because he's got the ability to make things happen doesn't mean he ever has or ever will.

Bamford got 8 goals and 3 assists in half the amount of games. And plenty more of Bamford's games were sub appearances. 

Archived