Bamford on loan, Wolves and Boro also interested - Express & Star

Walsall_Ram

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I dont see him being a Ram this season.I think Brentford has best shot tbh.

I would be happy for him to come back to us although it does seem unlikely; he would definitely get game time at Brentford but i wouldn't be surprised to see him at Middlesbourgh. They are in need of a striker who has an eye for goal and they have the Karanka Mourinho link in their favour.

He's not a wide striker nor a lone striker, so he doesn't fit in our system.

But he still offers goals and he would easily make double figures here given a season. 

I'd take him back on loan for the year because despite being a square peg in a round hole he's easily Championship class and not many teams at this level have those sorts of players beyond their starting XI.

We're still incredibly light in wide areas. I like Russell and can see him having a good year. Ward, Dawkins and Bennett all offer different qualities but I'd back Bamford to outscore all of them even if he's not a regular.

Someone like Wigan or Wolves though would be perfect for him. Pretty sure both play with two up-top

The sun reports...

Chelsea starlet patrick bamford is in demand - with six clubs chasing him.

Jose mourinho will send the forward, 20, on a seasons long loan to continue his development.

Premier league new boys burnley anf qpr have shown interest, as have championship sides derby, wolves, brentford and wigan.

3 Chelsea players going out on loan and that is

Patrick Bamford-Boro?

Nathaniel Chalobah-where? could be us?

John Swift-?

I'm guessing Chelsea wouldn't really want him to come back to Derby due to lack of starting opportunities.

Which is probably the correct decision.

Good player but we need to add in my opinion better quality than him to mount a serious push for the automatic places.

Archived