Bamford on loan, Wolves and Boro also interested - Express & Star

Walsall_Ram

http://www.expressandstar.com/sport/wolverhampton-wanderers-fc/2014/07/23/wolves-face-transfer-battle-for-chelseas-patrick-bamford/

Wolves face transfer battle for Chelsea's Patrick Bamford

Wolves are locked in a transfer tussle for Chelsea starlet Patrick Bamford, it emerged today.

"http://www.expressandstar.com/wpmvc/wp/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/patrick-bamford" alt="patrick-bamford">Patrick Bamford

Bamford is on Kenny Jackett

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Personally I agree with what appears to be the avenue we are going down.

A striker like Martin to provide competition and back up and a winger.

Bamford didn't get in the side towards the back end of last season.

So personally I wouldnt want him back.

I'm not sure if coming back here would be the best career move for him. He should be going to team where he can play with someone up front, as a second striker in a 4-4-2.

He was obviously still very effective on the wing for us and it could be argued that perhaps Mac's coaching is so good it doesn't matter if he's playing a bit out of position.

He'd solve our attacking problems really. He'd fill in as a winger but double up as Martin's cover at ST. Probably spend a lot of time on the bench though.

Bamford was here when we played Millwall at home. Mac chose to play Sammon in Martin's position.

This shows that Mac don't feel he can fill that role.

Martin holds the ball up and brings others into play so well.

I dont think Bamford has that in his locker. Bamford to me seems like the kind of striker to play off a target man..

Id like us to bring in someone like Chris Wood to provide competion for Martin then go after a winger.

If we had a winger who could put in a decent set piece we'd probably replace Bamfords goals right there,

Bamford was here when we played Millwall at home. Mac chose to play Sammon in Martin's position.

I dont think Bamford has that in his locker. Bamford to me seems like the kind of striker to play off a target man..

Id like us to bring in someone like Chris Wood to provide competion for Martin then go after a winger.

If we had a winger who could put in a decent set piece we'd probably replace Bamfords goals right there,

Rubbish! If Bamford had a full season with us he would get at least 15 goals. His contribution last season seems to be overlooked by many. For being a striker playing out wide he was a massive goal threat. If you are suggesting we get two players, a forward and a winger. Then Bamford has to come to us. 

I'd absolutely love him back. He scores important goals. He must have been worth an extra 5 or 6 points minimum last season just on his own. Possibly more.

Otherwise, we'll be in a game struggling and we'll all be saying the same thing "We need a player like Bamford to open up the game and nick a goal"

Completely agree but it means spending more money

I'd absolutely love him back. He scores important goals. He must have been worth an extra 5 or 6 points minimum last season just on his own. Possibly more.

Otherwise, we'll be in a game struggling and we'll all be saying the same thing "We need a player like Bamford to open up the game and nick a goal"

Whose to say we couldnt get someone in who could score those same important goals but maybe bring a bit more aswell, e.g. set pieces, better crossing, tracking back etc just because bamford did an alright job at grabbing a fews goals here and there doesnt mean he cant be replaced by someone better

Whose to say we couldnt get someone in who could score those same important goals but maybe bring a bit more aswell, e.g. set pieces, better crossing, tracking back etc just because bamford did an alright job at grabbing a fews goals here and there doesnt mean he cant be replaced by someone better

It's not that simple. Can we afford their wages? Will they settle in to the club? At least with Bamford we know what we're getting because we saw it last season. Plus, who exactly do you have in mind that can replace him?

But if you want a winger that can cross, track back, take set pieces AND score 10-15 goals, then you're dreaming. That kind of player is out of our price range.

Then you suggest someone! He did not score a few goals here and there.

It's not that simple. Can we afford their wages? Will they settle in to the club? At least with Bamford we know what we're getting because we saw it last season. Plus, who exactly do you have in mind that can replace him?

But if you want a winger that can cross, track back, take set pieces AND score 10-15 goals, then you're dreaming. That kind of player is out of our price range.

Im not saying that a player like that would be easy to acquire, i just think that there are players out there who could do the same job as bamford but bring a bit more too, i completely agree when you mention about them settling in and what not, that can always be a gamble but sometimes you have to take these risks, i wouldnt be sad if he came back, but not overly excited 

Archived