Bamford on loan, Wolves and Boro also interested - Express & Star

Walsall_Ram

Did you not see him at Cardiff last year? He was the best player in the team, the impact he had just on loan was huge. He was the only player that looked a real threat, every time he pushed forward he looked like he would do something, either score or set up a goal. He would be perfect in a side like ours.

He scored no goals and bagged one assist in 13 games. Whenever I watched him he was awful. I used to search his name in Twitter at the time to see how he was getting on, badly according to the Cardiff fans.

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In his best Championship season, he got 8 goals and 9 assists. In 49 games.

Just because he's got the ability to make things happen doesn't mean he ever has or ever will.

Bamford got 8 goals and 3 assists in half the amount of games. And plenty more of Bamford's games were sub appearances. 

It can't all be measured in stats though. Zaha makes things happen, his pace makes him lethal on the counter-attack. I'd much rather have Zaha than Bamford at Derby next season.

He scored no goals and bagged one assist in 13 games. Whenever I watched him he was awful. I used to search his name in Twitter at the time to see how he was getting on, badly according to the Cardiff fans.

Maybe I only saw his good bits then on MOTD      :lol:      I didn't rate Bamford though, admittedly he scored goals but his general play wasn't up to scratch. I accept he was playing out of position but we wouldn't sign him again just to let him sit on the bench because he wouldn't displace Martin from the starting 11.

A mate of mine who is a Middlesbrough fan was telling me there has been a bit of chatter amongst their fans about Bamford going on loan to them this season.....I haven't seen any news on it from elsewhere but they do have the "Chelsea connection" thanks to Karanka and Jose working together in the past. 

Wouldn't be bothered either way really, his scoring is a great asset but tended to have zero contribution if he didn't find the net (and seemed to peter out a bit at Derby after a great initial few games). Perhaps not totally suited by our formation in that he's neither a proper winger (or maybe not got the experience yet to know what to do in that role) or a target man.

I'd have him back purely for the goals.

He might have made the difference if he was on earlier at Wembley.

Dawkins can't finish and doesn't score hardly any goals although he's better at running at players.

Infact if Dawkins could shoot he'd be the championships Ronaldo... But he can't , so he's not!

If we can comply with FFP I would like to see Bamford back too, but it can only currently be I think as a "super sub" unless SM is thinking of changing our formation. We appear to have more of a need for like for like cover for Chris Martin as I think more goals will come from Russell, Dawkins and Hendricks this year. In truth you have to say there is nothing in it for Chelski or Bamford himself to return to us as back-up. He does need further guaranteed game time for his development. With another year under his belt though, and a bit of bulking out, I think he would definitely be someone our club would be pleased to have on the books.

If we can comply with FFP I would like to see Bamford back too, but it can only currently be I think as a "super sub" unless SM is thinking of changing our formation. We appear to have more of a need for like for like cover for Chris Martin as I think more goals will come from Russell, Dawkins and Hendricks this year. In truth you have to say there is nothing in it for Chelski or Bamford himself to return to us as back-up. He does need further guaranteed game time for his development. With another year under his belt though, and a bit of bulking out, I think he would definitely be someone our club would be pleased to have on the books.

The reality is that he would only come back to us if we indicated we were going to change formation and maybe play 3-5-2 - Chelsea's number 1 aim will be for him to go somewhere where he gets regular starts and on that basis we are not a top choice. 

PistoldPete2

Don't know if it's been posted I can't be bothered to read bit apparently brentford want him on loan and have said to Chelsea that they will play him wherever he wants to play

I think he wants to play for Chelsea.

Someone should tell him he won't.

Archived