Buxton for captain?

Boycie

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did anyone else notice it was Sir Jake giving the motivational talk in the team huddle just before kick off?

This man should be captain, not Keogh.

I noticed that and mentioned it to the missus. Not surprising on Jake's part. In fairness to Keogh though, we don't know what he said before in the dressing room or throughout the game. There's different types of leaders.

Coupled with his actions as he stepped off the team bus, this man is a legend.

Deserves a film being made about him.

And his dad goes on the supporters bus with the rest of us fans. Pretty incredible really.

Did anyone else notice it was Sir Jake giving the motivational talk in the team huddle just before kick off?

This man should be captain, not Keogh.

They take it in turns, somebody will take over from him when we next lose; like the match day threads.

And his dad goes on the supporters bus with the rest of us fans. Pretty incredible really.

His mam goes along on the buses aswell, had a great chat with them both in Cherwell Valley services about a year ago. They spoke about how proud they were that their 'normal bang average working class lad' was making it big time at Derby. We have the posh lads at Derby with Bamford and Hughes but they definitely need the grit of Buxton to make them work.

Once or twice yesterday, King Jake's balls out of defence were spell-binding. It was in the second half, and Keogh gave a bit of a dodgy ball to him, and he had to take a few steps back - and two Brighton players were closing him down with a lot of speed. The King simply dinked the ball over both of them and found the feet of Forsyth, who he could only have seen out of the corner of his eye.

I sometimes think it does King Jake a bit of a disservice to describe him as honest and gritty - there is so much more to his game than that.

Once or twice yesterday, King Jake's balls out of defence were spell-binding. It was in the second half, and Keogh gave a bit of a dodgy ball to him, and he had to take a few steps back - and two Brighton players were closing him down with a lot of speed. The King simply dinked the ball over both of them and found the feet of Forsyth, who he could only have seen out of the corner of his eye.

I sometimes think it does King Jake a bit of a disservice to describe him as honest and gritty - there is so much more to his game than that.

Agreed. I thought he was so confident and classy, coming from this workman like appearance it is just sublime. Model pro and I fooking loved seeing him have a little charge out of defence with the ball.

Not sure why anyone thinks Bucko couldn't play in the Premiership, he has added quality passing, positional sense and timing to his physical game. He might lack a bit of speed but in the majority of games (bottom 11 or 12) you are playing against players who are good but aren't exactly world beaters; I see no reason why he couldn't hold his own.

Archived