Worst Derby XI

Anon

The mean answer that every other member puts onto this thread, because I don't want to cause controversy by having a different opinion.

You can have as different an opinion as you'd like, just justify it with something solid.

Example: I actually thought Jay Mac did alright for us, and in terms of pure statistics, he was the most successful left back at the club from relegation up until Forsyth this season. This can be demonstrated in particular by the fact that we performed significantly better in terms of points per game scored with him in the team than any other leftback over that time.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know that this all about opinions....but...

I can't let you include Steve Cross, Andy Comyn and Daryl Powell..and for these reasons alone.

Cross has been the only Rams player that actually had a Ramsfleece on his head ! You could've sheared him once a year and made a beautiful fairisle sweater !

Andy Comyn.Well, apart from being the only player that I've seen come on as a sub and immediately put the ball past his own keeper without breaking sweat (Bristol City, 1992.....3-0 up....4-3 down :( . He also had the rosiest cheeks to ever grace the BBG. Face like a smacked arse.

And DPFG? I don't care about his perfomances on the pitch. It was his old man that we used to watch at the match. The man was a legend, especially when he was slagging his own son off for being cack ! No...I can't accept Daryl in anyones worst XI. He was limited, but was an integral part of the team that went up and stayed up !

But I totally agree with the rest of your choices ..Although Pickering once won me a tenner after (for some totally unknown reason..probably due to alcohol) I had him down for 1st goalscorer against Cov and he only went and obliged !

But there are some seriously bad memories coming my way after reading these posts !!

That's brilliant.

Agree Danny Graham was dire. The likes of Mickey Lewis and Steve Cross in the 80's were dross.

Seen some shockers but i have 2 left footers who could and should have done better. Both were internationals on joining us and big things expected...............

Step forwards the mighty Stephen Pearson and .........wait for it.......

PICKER, PICKER, PICKERING, PICKERING, PICKERING.

Mickey Lewis may not have been the most gifted, but dirty thug Steve McMahon didn't get up following Mickey's tackle. He had kicked just about everyone prior to that, but was obviously told to behave himself or a " second helping " could be arranged! He obviously didn't get tackled like that very often!

Also, he came close to swallowing his tongue in one game (? v Millwall ?), when his head caught the opponent's knee as he made a tackle, but Gordon G was quickly on to the pitch to avert disaster. 

Archived