Worst Derby XI

Anon

Being a long time Derby fan, I find myself upset and disorientated with all the positivity and optimism surrounding the club right now. In an effort to correct the balance I spent some time wallowing in our not so glorious recent past reminiscing about some of the players who have shamed the shirt. The following players are not necessarily the worst I've seen, but the most depressing for various reasons.

1. Lee Camp

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's all fine, but those of us who lived through Glenn Skivington and John McAlle have whole new depths to plumb.

But seriously, of the players I've seen.

Roy Carroll

Andy Griffin

Claude Davis

Darren Powell

Jordan Stewart

Gary Teale (There's only two Gary Teales, two Gary Teales! Okay on a good day, horrific on a bad day. And you didn't always know which Teale was going to turn up)

Tom Carroll

Przemyslaw Kazmierczak

EDDIE BLOODY LEWIS

Robert Earnshaw

Tito Villa (Sorry Tito, I loved your work rate and your passion, but you were so fucking *****)

Pure class. Although I have to confess to being a little disappointed that Eddie ******* Lewis didn't make it in.....

There's some great Eddie Lewis lines in Edgar Smith's 'Bad Worse Worst'.

In one he describes his excitement at reading that Derby have signed an international midfielder, only to scroll down and find that it's a 33 year old, plying his trade in league 1.

"Billy says that all his searches for a quality left sided midfielder keep coming back to Eddie Lewis. You have to wonder what kind of scouting set up the club has in place for this to be true."

Archived