Lukas Jutkiewicz

North_Stand_Ram

• Replies 638
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Middlesbrough will step up their summer transfer recruitment drive this week boosted by a £2.5million sale windfall.

The Teessiders have agreed to flog Marvin Emnes to Swansea City for £1 million.

While Derby County are expected to have an improved offer of around £1.5million for Lukas Jutkiewicz accepted by the Riverside outfit in the next few days.

That would swell the club coffers, with Aitor Karanka keen to splash the cash and put his stamp on the Boro squad.

Moves for Sunderland’s Danny Graham and Charlton Athletic defender Michael Morrison could follow.

Though two players not likely to head to Teesside are David Nugent and Sammy Ameobi.

Boro held initial talks with the Leicester City forward but have pulled the plug on a deal.

While they distanced themselves from reports last week crediting them with an interest in the Newcastle United winger.

He now appears to be on his way to Sheffield Wednesday, after Owls boss Stuart Gray confirmed that the Yorkshire side have made a move to lure Ameobi from St James’ Park.

The 22-year-old played just 12 games last season, and has been told he must begin to deliver on his promise if he is to have a future on Tyneside.

But Gray said: “We have spoken to Sammy’s agent. He is a quality player and he has shown that by playing in the Premier League.”

Emnes’ move to Swansea is long-standing, as has been their interest in the Dutchman.

While Jutkiewicz – who spent part of last season on loan at Bolton Wanderers – is being tracked by the Trotters, Blackburn Rovers, Wigan Athletic and Wolves, as well as Derby.

The Rams had a £1million bid for the 25-year-old rejected last week, as Boro hold out for a profit on the £1.3million they paid Coventry City for the striker in January 2012.

But sources in the east midlands suggest an improved offer will be forthcoming as ex-Boro boss Steve McClaren aims to build a squad to go one better than last season’s Championship play-off final defeat to QPR.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/boro-set-buy-marvin-emnes-7305828

Surely Sky sports isnt that woefully off the mark, I am sorry but I cant accept he has scored 205 goals in 4 seasons. The stats are more like below.

http://uk.soccerway.com/players/lukas-jutkiewicz/16078/

I think you may have mis-read the information. The goals scored were the team's total goals, not his own lol that would be epic if they were his own haha

Why can't we grab Nugent though? If Leiceter were prepared to sell to Middlesbrough? It can't be much?!

Boro are probably selling Emnes and Juke in an attempt to fund it which comes to £2.5mil in my opinion he is worth more than that. Plus he will be on mega wages. I doubt we could fund it.

Why can't we grab Nugent though? If Leiceter were prepared to sell to Middlesbrough? It can't be much?!

Won't want to come here and sit on a bench. Him and Martin are equals, while Juke is clearly his lesser, he won't mind being on the bench knowing he's pushing Martin for a starting place. Would be different with Nugent who's proved himself to be on of the best strikers in this league and will expect to start.

Also WAGES. He will be on a **** load from Leicester. If you've read the article it says talks between him and Boro have also broken down. That could mean so many things regarding wages or his willingness to play Championship football.

I think people are living in cloud cuckoo land when it comes to prices. A prolific championship striker tends to cost you above £5m (going by Rhodes and Austin sales and McCormick rumours) so for 20% of the price of a prolific striker you're getting a player who I think is more than 20% as good as the aforementioned. Most important is that he fits our system as Martin was very fortunate to escape injury last season and we need someone to challenge him for that target man role.

Forsyth, Martin, Eustace - all underwhelming signings last summer (in a lot, not all's, opinion) and how important were they to our fantastic season?!

Nugent is available on a free transfer. He wants a 3 year deal but they have only offered him a one year extension.

Id have him here in a heartbeat but he's on 20k a week at Leicester.

I didnt realise his contract was up. Get him in!! 20k a week will cost less than £1.5mil + jukes wages over a season or 2. By which point we will be in the prem anyway.  :)

Also means we wouldn't have to see that stupid grin against our team , as it would be for our team!

Wouldn't want him as team settled and his wages are too much for anyone outside of starting XI (no he can't play wide so not worth it)

I didnt realise his contract was up. Get him in!! 20k a week will cost less than £1.5mil + jukes wages over a season or 2. By which point we will be in the prem anyway.  :)

He'd surely want a 2 year deal, which would at least be a £2.1 mil outlay on wages, plus the usual [supposedly] high signing on fee and agent fee for free transfers.

That's if £20k a week is accurate.

He'd surely want a 2 year deal, which would at least be a £2.1 mil outlay on wages, plus the usual [supposedly] high signing on fee and agent fee for free transfers.

That's if £20k a week is accurate.

Yea I wouldnt say that is far off. I think getting Juke would probably cost more than that and obviously we would most likely have to pay £1.5mil upfront.

Archived