Lukas Jutkiewicz

North_Stand_Ram

I think we should all get shirty with each other over a transfer that might not happen.

Bloody close season.

• Replies 638
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How anyone can say this is bad business is beyond me. 

To some it may be an inspiring signing, to others not so much, BUT it's far away from being 'bad business' yet.

Juke is rated more highly than Chris Martin was this time 12-months ago. And, in my opinion, he has ability from what I've seen. So, let's see what happens first. 

I'll never, ever, ever..... EVER look at a players record and go by that. Look at his touch, his awareness...etc don't look at the numbers. 

If we sign him and he turns out to be a dud, then yeah, a dud is a dud. At this moment in time, we just don't know. 

Nice being linked to players like this rather than loaning players like Tomas Priskin, DJ Campbell or any other cast offs from Championship clubs.

Yes he did get loaned out to Bolton last season but he was rated at Coventry.... Not surprised at the price Boro want to be fair.

I'm just glad we are linked to him instead of the usual bargain basements we HAD to deal with in the past to keep the team going....

The ones who do think that they know more than McClaren.

There's a few.

TobyWanKenobi

I think we should all get shirty with each other over a transfer that might not happen.

Bloody close season.

We've got to pass the time somehow. England being shyte have made it a long summer.

To some it may be an inspiring signing, to others not so much, BUT it's far away from being 'bad business' yet.

Juke is rated more highly than Chris Martin was this time 12-months ago. And, in my opinion, he has ability from what I've seen. So, let's see what happens first. 

I'll never, ever, ever..... EVER look at a players record and go by that. Look at his touch, his awareness...etc don't look at the numbers. 

If we sign him and he turns out to be a dud, then yeah, a dud is a dud. At this moment in time, we just don't know. 

If I can play devil's advocate here, there was a time that Jonathan Greening was rated higher than Chris Martin ever was. Remember how that worked out for the gumps under McClaren.

However, advocating the devil aside, I actually agree with you. He could be a good player but 1mil+ is a lot of money to risk.

He's been a good player in bad teams. Here are some stats on the teams he's played for...

2010-2012 - Coventry - Played 92 - scored 85  Goals to Games ratio - 0.92 - finished 18th&23rd in Championship respectively

2012-2013 - Boro - Played 46 - scored 61  Goals to Games ratio - 1.33 - finished 16th

2013-2014 - Bolton - Played 46 - scored 59 Goals to Games ratio - 1.28 - finished 14th

So for two of the last four seasons he was playing for a team struggling to stay in the division so it's likely he never had much of an opportunity to score, if he did it was on the break, from a header or moment of class as the entire team failed to score more than one goal per game.

When we compare that to the amount of goals he's likely to score for us, a team that last season had a goals to games ratio for the season of 1.83, he will get far more opportunities to score. On his own form for Bolton last season he would have scored 16 goals over the 46 game season. Place him in our team from last season and he would have scored 23 goals - more than Martin.

So yes £1m may be a fair sum for the player but I'd be more than happy having two strikers bagging 20+ goals a season :)

Can't see a problem ,we must assume its to replace Bamford up front .We will own the player ,and he has a bit of potential still at 25?.

He will want to play for us not Chelsea [ don't blame Bamford for this}.If we improve him he makes us money.

He's been a good player in bad teams. Here are some stats on the teams he's played for...

2010-2012 - Coventry - Played 92 - scored 85  Goals to Games ratio - 0.92 - finished 18th&23rd in Championship respectively

2012-2013 - Boro - Played 46 - scored 61  Goals to Games ratio - 1.33 - finished 16th

2013-2014 - Bolton - Played 46 - scored 59 Goals to Games ratio - 1.28 - finished 14th

So for two of the last four seasons he was playing for a team struggling to stay in the division so it's likely he never had much of an opportunity to score, if he did it was on the break, from a header or moment of class as the entire team failed to score more than one goal per game.

When we compare that to the amount of goals he's likely to score for us, a team that last season had a goals to games ratio for the season of 1.83, he will get far more opportunities to score. On his own form for Bolton last season he would have scored 16 goals over the 46 game season. Place him in our team from last season and he would have scored 23 goals - more than Martin.

So yes £1m may be a fair sum for the player but I'd be more than happy having two strikers bagging 20+ goals a season :)

Not sure where you got those stats from mate hehe. That thinair.co.uk is a good one for footy stats :)

Surely Sky sports isnt that woefully off the mark, I am sorry but I cant accept he has scored 205 goals in 4 seasons. The stats are more like below.

Season Team Comp minute_playedappearanceLSISObenchGYCY2CRC2014/2015 Bolton Wanderers CHA ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? 2013/2014 Bolton Wanderers CHA 1495 20 16 4 6 4 7 0 0 0 2013/2014 Middlesbrough CHA 1148 22 12 10 6 13 1 0 0 0 2012/2013 Middlesbrough CHA 1523 24 18 6 10 11 8 1 0 0 2011/2012 Middlesbrough CHA 1457 19 17 2 7 3 2 1 0 0 2011/2012 Coventry City CHA 2229 25 25 0 1 0 9 0 0 0 2010/2011 Coventry City CHA 3019 42 34 8 13 11 9 2 0 0

Whats that in English?

Archived