Alan Nixon Tweet -

Harry_Forsyth

ReluctantAlphaSignia #hashtag - derby are set to sign a player from another club for some money. It's less than £3m. Should know something soon. Or maybe later.

#ITK

#rightonthemoney

#cluedup

#vague

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We'd be mad to spend 1m on a striker if he's not going to be a starter. Someone from League One or Scotland for 500k wouldn't be too bad...

But it would be stpud not to buy Thorne for 3.5m or something and deem it too expensive and go out and buy a substitute striker for 1m.

We'd be mad to spend 1m on a striker if he's not going to be a starter. Someone from League One or Scotland for 500k wouldn't be too bad...

But it would be stpud not to buy Thorne for 3.5m or something and deem it too expensive and go out and buy a substitute striker for 1m.

People on here love strikers too much. They'd only be happy if we had Bamford, Deeney and Le Fondre on the bench, just in case.

Latest tweet...

@sam17jones I don't know why u want this guy ... so I'm leaving it until u get serious. So fat u have asked to be kept informed on him.

I think that's supposed to mean the AN doesn't know why Derby would want this striker, who were are keeping tabs on, so is waiting until it gets more serious/clear before running the story. Presume that should say 'So far' and not 'So fat'...

Sounds to as though this story had no legs and is backtracking on it.

Archived